Become a Certified Project Management Specialist
Job Vacancies: Field Officer – Medicine Access (NAP) Project– 18 positions
About Innovations for Poverty Action: Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is an international non-profit research organization dedicated to discovering and promoting effective solutions to
global poverty problems.
About the Project: Medicine Access Project that aims to evaluate the impact of a new non-communicable disease medicine access program on the availability and price of the new medicine included in the program portfolio at health facilities and households in 8 counties targeted by the program in Kenya using a cluster-randomized trial design.
Duties and Responsibilities:
General: Electronic data collection on Survey CTO: Assist with translations, pretesting and piloting surveys, conducting data collection, providing feedback during debriefs on field operations and survey instruments that will inform and monitor improvements in project operations
- Supports qualitative data collection through in-depth interviews and recording
- Ensure data integrity is always maintained and minimize errors in survey administration
- Completion of scheduled activities each day in a timely manner
- Interact with community members with the highest level of integrity and understanding
- On non-field days, conscientious performance of office work, for instance translations and peer training/learning
- Assist in daily electronic devices maintenance and storage
- Maintaining high standards of professional integrity in all activities
- Successfully complete all tasks assigned by the NAP management team
- Other tasks as assigned by the Field Manager/Research Associate/Research Manager
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma / Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health Science, Pharmaceutical technology, Social Sciences or other related disciplines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Swahili
- Excellent management and organizational skills
- Flexible, self-motivated and able to manage multiple tasks efficiently, a team player.
- Computer literate
- Previous experience in data collection and survey administration
- Experience with position responsibilities listed above
- Previous electronic data collection experience.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting qualitative methods of data collection
- Over 2 years of experience in respondent tracking and data collection.
- Fluency in local language(s) of the areas of operations
- Candidates with public health or community health or pharmaceutical technology background is an added advantage.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Field Officer-NAP Project. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant at any recruitment stage.