Admin & Management Jobs
Submit CV Here
2 Brand Executives
Our new colleagues will assist the brand manager to deliver marketing and Portfolio strategy in ECAA. Manage and implement brand initiatives in end markets in order to maximize and ensure sustainability of identified brands in the ECAA Portfolio. This will be done through product and brand development , communication, implementation and evaluation of strategic brands’ programs ensuring adherence to guidelines covering packaging, product, trade & consumer engagement and pricing in line with brand objectives.
- Management of the current portfolio towards achievement of the overall portfolio strategy
- working in liaison with the Brands team to ensure the management of packaging and product initiatives and all elements relating to the brands Consumer Engagement platform in accordance with the budget, timing and overall Company objectives.
- Track and evaluate the volume performance in market and define corrective actions in line with the overall company strategy to achieve volume and value targets.
- Managing stakeholders and prompt communication and escalation to stakeholders where required.
1. Brand Management:
- Input in the development and completion of plans (Strategic and Operational Brand Plan, Annual Performance Review, contribute to Portfolio Management strategy, Budget Plan, Research plans, Cycle Plans, and Activity Plans) for the Identified brands.
- Support the brand manager and end market in the execution of the Annual Brand Plan
- Identify & Propose the need for brand innovations to improve brand image attributes amongst target consumers
2. Adaption of Regional/Global brand strategies into the ECAA environment:
• Contribute to formulation of Area brand segment objectives and strategies in agreement with the Regional Brand Guidelines and in consultation with the Brand Managers and Head of Brands and end market to meet corporate objectives and strategic imperatives in terms of sales volume, value and market share, brand margin and brand contribution.
3. Portfolio management:
• Assist brand manager to develop a portfolio foot print to generate milestones and deliverables to achieve the End Game Approved Portfolio
• Understand the role of assigned brands and pro-actively propose realistic options to achieve brands’ roles and objectives within the portfolio
• Recognize future implications of brand lifecycle and role of the various brands within the current Area Portfolio and develop appropriate operational and strategic recommendations
• Monitor brand performance in market and recognize volume and value performance gaps in market and clearly demonstrates on initiatives to successfully bridge the gap in market for all the brands
4. Consumer insights and market analysis:
- Assist the brand manager to provide recommendations to the end markets based on the research findings to optimize brand performance in line with company marketing objectives
- Monitor brand performance and initiate activities to drive improved performance Inputs into the research projects
5. Consumer engagement
• Liaise with relevant stakeholders to initiate a Consumer Engagement Model in line with Legislation and International Marketing standards
- Understand pricing and impact on performance and support in finding solutions
- Support the development of programs/communication to manage price relativities of the brand across all channels in line with the brand’s role in the portfolio and OpCos requirement
7. Product and packaging
- Based on Area brand strategies and plans, and following end market specific requirements, support the brand manager on product & packaging developments briefs in accordance with international guidelines and laid out guidelines for local brands
- Ensure Waivers are in place for any exemptions away from the Brand Guidelines
- Liaise closely with the New Product Introduction (NPI) Manager to ensure all product/packaging initiatives are within the NPI governance framework
- Monitor product quality and ensure that quality deviations are communicated to the relevant persons to enable them to initiate the appropriate action
- Recommend intrinsic and extrinsic product improvements to meet consumer expectations
8. Agency Management
- Supports the Brand Manager to coordinate resources, provide input within the creative process and support in evaluating the Agency of Record.
- Follow up with the agency to ensure delivery to agreed timelines
- Day to day coordination with agency including reverts to ongoing briefs
9. Working procedures and relationship
• Develop effective cross-functional working relationships with, but not limited to, International Brand Groups, Activations Team, End markets, LEX, Product Development, Operations and agencies in order to facilitate the exchange of brand information and to promote commitment to and implementation of the brand strategies
10. Resource management
- Ensure efficiency of allocated Brand Support Expenditures and project expenditures to end markets, in accordance with accepted company guidelines & procedures
• Management of initiatives relating to driving brand and company innovations through all functions to improve process, practices and methods resulting in reduced complexity, speed to market and enhanced trade & consumer benefit.
12. Regulation & Competition
- Understand the End Market regulations and the ongoing developments in market and clearly analyze the impact and mitigation plan for BAT.
- Understand the role of competition in market with a clear objective and plan to counter activities that are being run in market and have an impact on our strategic agenda
The world cigarette market is highly diverse with product availability and consumption in every country.
Competition is extremely intense with local, regional and international companies and brands vying to meet the changing consumer smoking preferences in an increasingly regulated environment. Increasing consumer demand for internationally branded product and effective management of local brands provides an opportunity for the Brand Group to significantly impact overall company performance.
- A close working relationship with the Head of brands is required in order to effectively carry out delegated projects.
- Handle communication between the brand team, NPI team, Product Development, Production Planning and Procurement to ensure above market cycle plan is effectively executed
- Close working relationships with internal departments, in particular Activations team, Area Business development, Product Development, Production Planning, Procurement and Marketing Finance are important.
- Regular contact and ongoing project management of the external agencies is required
- Market customer visits will be important in gaining an insight into Brand performance
- Regular contact with brand owners is encouraged.
Knowledge, Skills &Experience:
The jobholder must be able to demonstrate an efficiency on product development, trade and consumer insights, copy strategy and ATL & BTL communication.
Thorough knowledge of the roles of Trade marketing and Brand Marketing functions:
- Marketing knowledge: comprehensive knowledge and practice of managing all elements of the marketing mix- ATL, BTL, price, promotion, digital and social marketing, planograms, product (range), space management, research methodologies and consumer segmentation.
- Good utilization of IT systems and applications. (ppt, word, excel, etc.)
- Has a good commercial experience regarding general marketing practices and insights into varied consumer environment
- Has a good appreciation of current market tobacco legislation and international marketing standards (IMS)
The principal skills required expected are:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Confident and fluent in public speaking (fluent in English both oral and written)
- Computer literacy
- Strong analytical skills as well as strategic thinking abilities