Admin & Management Jobs
Submit CV Here
Kirinyaga County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified person to fill the following position in the Department of Administration and Public Service. This is pursuant to Article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and Section 63 of the County Government Act, 2012.
Revenue Clerks – 63 positions
- To collect and issue receipts on various revenue sources as deployed or instructed.
- To bank the total daily cash collected in the county in the specified bank account.
- To ensure that the cash banked has corresponding receipt issued and entered in control sheets by the supervisor.
- To keep personal record on daily collections and banking details.
- To maximize revenue collections by surpassing the set targets.
- To account for all official receipt books issued.
- To ensure that only genuine and authorized county issued receipts and documents are in use in all revenue collection related activities.
- KCSE Certificate
- Two (2) years working experience is an added advantage.
- Computer proficiency is an added advantage.
- Certificate of good conduct.
- Officer in charge of revenue mobilization and implementation of Finance Act in the Sub-County.
- To plan, manage and account for revenue collections in the Sub-County.
- To supervise and manage revenue staff in the sub-county.
- To maintain a counter register book (CRB) on accountable receipt books and issuance to the collectors.
- To conduct revenue potential assessment and baseline surveys for existing and new streams for adoption by the county government.
- To prepare relevant weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on revenue collection targets, trends and variances.
- To develop new strategies on revenue mobilization.
- To detect, prevent and report fraudulent activities in revenue collections.
- To ensure that only duly authorized county documents are in use in revenue collection activities.
- Diploma in Business or related field.
- Two (2) years working experience is an added advantage
- Computer proficiency is an added advantage
- Certificate of good conduct.
Method of Application
Applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed copies of :
- Curriculum Vitae,
- Academic certificates,
- National Identity Card or Passport and
- Any other supporting documents.
- Clearly indicate the position applied for, both on the cover letter and the envelope.
Applications should be addressed to:
County Public Service Board
P O Box 260 – 10304
Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the County Headquarters 4TH floor, KUTUS (Office of County Public Service Board between 8.00 a.m. and 5.00 p.m. on weekdays).
Applicants should seek clearance with Criminal Investigation Department for Certificate of Good Conduct (Updated).
Applications should reach the County Public Service Board (CPSB) on or before 15th February 2019.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and professional certificates, testimonials, clearance and other relevant documents in support of their applications.