We Are Hiring!!
Submit CV Here
Action Africa Help International Job Opportunity Today
AAH Kenya (AAH-K) is a country programme of Action Africa Help International (AAH-I), an African-led nongovernmental organisation that supports livelihood-challenged communities in East and Southern Africa to sustainably improve their well-being and standard of living. With Country Programmes in South Sudan, Kenya, Somalia, Uganda, Zambia and recently in Djibouti, AAH-I has over 25 years’ experience working with communities in conflict and post-conflict situations, including refugees, internally displaced people and host communities. More recently AAH-I has expanded its activities to work with other marginalised communities, including pastoralists and people living in informal urban settlements.
Project Liaison Officer
Reports to: Area Manager
To oversee all Safe from the start project (Ufundi Bunifu project) related activities from planning to implementation and monitoring that will ensure delivery of finished products by artisans supported by Local Service Enterprise (BOWA HOPE) and increased economic opportunities for survivors of SGBV in Kakuma/Kalobeyei. S/He will be responsible to ensure that the approaches used during implementation are accurate and effective, conforming to the global best practice while staying relevant to the context of the project.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The project liaison officer will be working closely with AAHI (Kenya Programme) and BAWA HOPE (BH) to ensure project deliverables are achieved.
- He/she will support fully in the implementation of Ufundi Bunifu project activities including the LSE (BAWA HOPE).
- He/she will facilitate the visits for BH in Kakuma. Mobilize the groups and coordinate the trainings. (date, time, transport, refreshments).
- He/she will manage the stock of raw materials at the business centre production site.
- He/she will manage the payments of the labour for the refugee artisans engaged in the production of products.
- He/she will organise in liaison with the administrative officer for BH staff (accommodations, transport).
- He/she will manage the transport of the raw materials from Nairobi to Kakuma.
- He/she will join the monitoring visits with UNHCR staff and BH
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in Business Management, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, or relevant tertiary qualification in Marketing and Economic Development studies, and/or experience in related fields,
- Minimum five (5) years’ work experience three (3) of which must be in a similar role Possess proven practical knowledge of the program development cycle and design and management qualities.
- Demonstrated strengths in relationship management; able to work with diverse groups of people in multicultural, team-oriented environment;
- Skilled in influencing and obtaining cooperation of individuals;
- Able to manage relationships to achieve results.
- Must have worked with artistic groups either dealing in Beadwork, weaving and design.
- Project management Field experience.
- Knowledge and exposure to the social and cultural values of the region concerned.
- Proficiency in local language(s).
- Skilled in influencing and obtaining cooperation of individuals not under supervisory control.
Additional Skills & Competences
- Good communicational skills (written and spoken)
- Organisational and managerial skills
- ICT specialty (email, Spread-sheets, MS-word, Databases, job-related software, etc.)
- Team-work and participation.
- Level of self-supervision and ability to take initiative.
- Degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Technical side of the job (numeracy, report-writing, critical thinking, leadership, etc.)
- INGO experience and understanding of humanitarian sector
- Commitment to and understanding of AAH-I’s vision, mission, and values.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should email application letters and CVs (with 3 referees) addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org to be received by 28th September, 2018. The email Subject Line must show the job title of the position applied for.
For more details, click here
AAH-Kenya is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank candidates for their high interest in the opportunities we publish on our website. Due to the high number of applications we receive, we will only get back to shortlisted candidates. AAH-K does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process nor does it use recruitment agents.