Become a Certified Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
The Open Society Initiative for Eastern Africa (OSIEA) seeks to recruit an Administrative Assistant who will report to the Administrative Officer. The Administrative Assistant duties will entail the management of OSIEA office reception by receiving telephone calls, guests and directing them accordingly. The Administrative Assistant will also manage incoming and outgoing mail, and provide administrative support as directed so as to ensure that the organization is running smoothly
- Cover the reception desk; welcome and direct visitors to appropriate staff or service within the office; answer and transfer all telephone calls to appropriate staff; and take messages.
- Direct queries from the public to staff members.
- Maintain a pleasant appearance of the reception and waiting areas.
- Prepare expense reports and review bills for accuracy.
- Assist in making logistical arrangements, including travel reservations, hotel bookings, and airport pick up arrangements.
- Manage all incoming and outgoing mail.
- Prepare materials and assist at OSIEA sponsored meetings; and where necessary, request for coffee/tea service for visitors of OSIEA.
- Assist in issuance of travel insurance and application of referral visas.
- Supervise the office assistant and casuals
- Supervise the staff lunch order
- Diploma in front office management/ customer care or any other related field;
- Basic degree in a relevant field is an added advantage.
- Three years’ work experience in a similar field.
- Efficient in time management and office coordination.
- Knowledge of administration management.
- Numeric skills.
- Report writing skills.
- Extraordinary initiative, creativity and capacity to think strategically.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a diverse array of people.
- Team spirit and respectful working and decision-making style.
- Ability to manage several simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational and planning skills as well as close attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Integrity, diplomacy and professionalism will be essential.
- Willingness to travel as needed.
This position is based in Kenya.
Any interested and qualified individuals should mail their resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org by 14th October 2019.