Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
Country Office in Nairobi, Kenya
Mastercard Foundation will be opening an office in Kenya to support several program areas around Youth Employment under the Foundation’s Young Africa Works Strategy.
An office in Nairobi provides an opportunity to oversee the management and implementation of the Foundation’s initiatives, drive the country-level coordination of all Foundation interventions and represent the Foundation at a country level in close liaison with senior management and other staff in Toronto, Canada.
Reporting to the Country Representative, the Administrative Support Assistant works directly with team members in the Country Office. This position will have frequent interactions with other Foundation staff in Toronto, Canada.
- Act as the office’s first point of contact for any queries and answer internal and external calls promptly and politely.
- Build, liaise and sustain relationships with employees, external stakeholders and general public on behalf of the Country Office.
- Provide administrative support to all Nairobi office staff.
- Manage office calendars including prioritizing and resolving scheduling conflicts as required.
- Coordinate logistics of project meetings and events including room bookings, catering, refreshments etc. Prepare meeting materials as appropriate.
- Coordinate and/or support global travel arrangements including hotel bookings, ground/air transportation, travel itineraries and meeting briefs in advance of all trips. This could also include visas, expense reports etc.
- Manage agenda and take minutes at team meetings. Create, maintain and update the organization of files and records for teams.
- Maintain organization of the database, shared network drives and SharePoint sites.
- Assist with budget preparation and forecasting.
- Assist with special projects.
- Facilitate internal communication within the Country Office.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A College diploma or University degree is required
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of experience in an Administrative Assistant role in a fast-paced environment. Local experience preferred.
- Detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to consistently and effectively produce high quality work.
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, exhibiting grace under pressure.
- Excellent initiative and possess a “take charge” attitude and sense of ownership.
- Strong communication skills in English; written and spoken, and ability to communicate in Kiswahili.
- Service oriented with a willingness to take on a variety of tasks/activities.
- Able to work independently with little direction or supervision and possess ability to coordinate and manage multiple projects.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Office 365 and SharePoint).
- Professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures and impeccable integrity.
- Ability to set and achieve clear objectives.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
How to Apply