Become a Certified Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT LEAD – VAC/BDKE/2019
Start Date: Friday, 02 September 2019
Overall Purpose of role
The Business Development Lead will Grow Sales, Revenue and market leadership in Kenya by
developing innovative ways of increasing/growing usage of Allied Services product offerings, within the region.
- Ensure achievement of set sales targets by delivering results quarterly, biannually and annually
- Achievement of set Monthly, Quarterly, Semi Annually or Annual sales targets to deliver
forecasted revenue and Customer numbers. Effective executed sales programs in the Region as
per targets set in the plan with documented results
- Prepare, plan and execute the Kenyan territory sales programs aimed at market penetration,
relationship building, share growth
- Support the approval, budgeting and prioritization of business Development initiatives and
concepts while effectively responding to market opportunities and competitive pressures.
- Supervise staff within the unit as may be required and ensure skills development through on the
- Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and
exploring opportunities with prospective clients and turning them into increased business clients
- To effectively manage staff and resources allocated in Kenya through effective monitoring of
performance and by providing support to the Business Development Country Leads initiatives.
- Preparation of weekly, monthly and ad-hoc reports to address specific issues, providing value add analysis & insights.
- Consistent development and improvement of strategically sound, actionable and targeted
marketing plan meeting KPI targets and identification of untapped business opportunities.
- Implemented and existence of effective business Development strategy in the trade aligned to
- Document and have approved annual regional sales business plan aligned to business
Any Other Duties
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Marketing Executives
Education & Experience
- Degree in a Business-related field
- Post graduate certification in Sales & Marketing will be an added advantage
- Intermediate knowledge of business finance principles is essential.
- 5 years hands on experience in a Sales Distribution role preferably in a or Transport/Logistics
- Clearing , forwarding and international shipping knowledge will be an added advantage
- Highly results and performance oriented
- Excellent team player with good Leadership/mentoring/management skills.
- Excellent Negotiation/Influencing and Presentation skills
- Customer Centric & Flexible
- Delights Customers; Focuses on Customers’ Needs; Is flexible to Customer requests;
- Speed & Accuracy
- Executes work assigned at speed; Plans work to achieve clear results; Performs work without errors and
is very accurate;
Accountability & Responsibility
- Is accountable for own performance; Takes Responsibility for work done; Follows through on assigned
Interested candidates meeting the above criteria should forward a detailed CV including an application letter to email@example.com by close of business 18 August, 2019