Become a Certified Project Management Specialist
Assistant Research Officer- 6 Months
The KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Collaborative Research Programme (KWTRP) researches diseases with the highest burden in developing countries. The programme aims to maximise opportunities for learning and training in order to maintain a cadre of highly skilled and experienced staff from all disciplines.
In an upcoming project, we aim to measure long-term health and socioeconomic outcomes of infant invasive GBS disease, with a focus on neurodevelopmental impairment. The ARO will be responsible for collection and analysis of neurodevelopmental data. Additionally, the ARO will work in consultation with the PI to ensure that all logistics are performed in good time, to supervise data and sample collection, and to participate in communications and engagement strategy.
The post holder will need to be self-sufficient and be able to work with minimal supervision against demanding yet, often unpredictable timelines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Train and supervise fieldworkers, carry out regular visits and spot checks to ensure adherence to data quality, ethical guidelines
- Participate in cognitive assessment of children
- Participate in sample collection
- Interview parents and collect data from community members.
- Ensure questionnaires/ data forms are well completed and track questionnaires/forms sent back for call-backs and take corrective action including re-training of field teams on use of research instruments.
- Participate in planning and carrying out community mobilization activities.
- Provide support and guidance to the field workers on data collection, resolve any problems and report on actions taken.
- Participate in data analysis and preparation of manuscripts.
- And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
- Bachelor degree in psychology, education, public health, nursing, environmental health and other allied areas.
- One year relevant work experience
- An understanding of electronic data capture methods
- Familiarity with statistically analysis software such as SPSS, STATA or R
- Good organisational skills
- Strong Supervisory skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Team working with the ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Evidence of good written skills.
How to Apply
(NOTE:Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2019 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details here)
Interested candidates should apply before 23rd August 2019 through the following link
All applicants are required to state their current/last salary.
Candidates must supply an email and telephone contact that will be used when offering interviews. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce ORIGINALS of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates, original transcripts and testimonials, detailed curriculum vitae and valid clearance certificate (certificate of good conduct) during the interviews.