Become a Certified Project Management Specialist
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an international non-profit, non-governmental organization that carries out high quality and policy-relevant research on population and health issues in sub-Saharan Africa.
The Center seeks to recruit a Business Development Officer who will play a key role in cultivating funders and proposal writing.
- Support implementation of the Center’s fundraising strategy;
- Research, identify and clarify funding opportunities and needs;
- Conduct both internal and external meetings with technical teams, prospective partners and potential funders ensuring information gathered reaches the relevant teams;
- Lead timely proposal development by establishing priorities and target dates for proposal teams, taking a substantive role in writing, review and finalization;
- Maintain quality results by using requisite templates following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency and tone appropriate for the different funders;
- Maintaining proposal support databases;
- Diligently handle revisions and feedback from relevant technical and financial leads;
- Coordinate proposal submissions and tracking through the Enterprise Resource Planning platform; and
- Provide critical information for effective grants management to ensure donor (and partners) retention.
Qualifications, experience and skills:
- A Bachelor’s degree and a postgraduate training in a relevant field from a recognized university;
- Proven experience in proposal writing;
- Experience cultivating key bilateral and multilateral funders, Corporations, US Foundations and Government agencies in at least one of the Center’s focus areas;
- At least 3 years’ experience in business development;
- Knowledge of, and experience in using various business development information systems;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to effectively work with diverse teams; and
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
(NOTE:Are you feeling stuck in your career? Get FREE career and professional consultation, coaching and mentoring.Join us for the FREE Professional Development Training.We have limited space. Book your spot here.)
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by email to email@example.com with the subject ‘Business Development Officer’ by October 21, 2019. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Cover letters should be addressed to:
- The Human Resources Officer
- African Population and Health Research Center, Inc
- APHRC Campus, Manga Close, off Kirawa Road, Kitisuru
- P.O. Box 10787-GPO, Nairobi
APHRC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the protection of children.