Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
The NRC East Africa & Yemen mission is an expanding programme. NRC started its operations in Kenya in the refugee camps in Dadaab in February 2007. NRC has WASH, Shelter, Education, Food Security and Livelihood and Information Counselling and Legal Assistant programmes implemented in the refugee camps in Dadaab and Kakuma.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
The purpose of a Finance Coordinator is to implement delegated area of responsibility.
- Implement NRC’s systems and procedures at KCO level
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines and donor requirements
- Prepare and submit reports and analysis
- Ensure proper filing of all support documents
- Support line managers in procedures and require support team trainings
- Management of support team
- Ensure that the accounting, monitoring and reporting are according to procedures (Finance)
- Support project staff in financial matters (Finance)
- Maintain budget control and monitor cash flow for the area (Finance)
- Ensure development and implementation of administrative systems and procedures
- Assist the Country Director in maintaining overall Kenya Programme Financial Management – budget control and monitoring, cash flows and expenditures management, and financial accounting and reporting
- Conduct training in financial management and monitoring for the Finance Officers in the Area offices, Specialists, Budget holders/Coordinators and other relevant project personnel
- Oversee all financial requests made by the projects, and ensure that NRC’s external financial obligations are met
- Conduct regular field trips to Area Offices for monitoring purposes, conducting training or identifying need for training
- Focal person for audits and ensure recommendations are implemented
- Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Finance or Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (CPAK).
- Good knowledge of financial reporting systems in donor funded work
- At least 4 years’ experience with large donor funded projects- grants management & reporting
- Experience from working as a Finance Coordinator in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Finance / Economics
- College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Strict attention to policy and practice detail
- High integrity
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Ability to function independently and as a work team leader/facilitator
- Excellent computer skills with hands on experience on computerized accounting systems; and Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Handling insecure environments
- Empowering and building trust
- Duty station: Nairobi
- Contract period is up to December 2019 with possibility of extension.
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct and working hours for the NRC Office in Nairobi.
Miscellaneous info: Travel: Some travelling must be expected
How to Apply
Apply online by 25th March 2019 by clicking here