Become a Certified Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
Job Type:Communications/Administrative Assistant
The Eastern and Southern African Trade and Development Bank, previously known as the PTA Bank and now rebranded and trading as Trade Development Bank (TDB), is a specialized African multilateral financial institution serving public and private sector clients in most of the Eastern and Southern African states. TDB’s objective is to provide short, medium and long-term financing to viable trade, projects and infrastructure transactions in its member states.
TDB aims to attract and retain exceptionally talented professionals by offering a conducive working environment and attractive salaries and benefits. In line with its growth strategy, TDB is looking for self-motivated and results oriented professionals to join a team committed to building a world class financial institution aimed at promoting trade, economic development and regional integration. Interested and qualified candidates who are nationals of TDB’s member states are therefore invited to apply for the subject position.
Reporting to the Executive, Corporate Affairs & Investor Relations (CAIR), the Communications/Administrative Assistant is responsible for managing investor relations and coordination of activities to help the Bank grow its shareholder base and providing administrative support to the Department.
The Communications/Administrative Assistant is expected to perform the following duties:
- Provide administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the department;
- Draft substantive correspondence and ensures follow-up;
- Manage investor database to ensure that information is up to date;
- Regularly communicate to investors for updates to keep them informed on relevant current developments;
- Compile regular section reports for review and submission to management;
- Participate in board and Bank’s Annual General meetings planning and event coordination;
- Provide administrative support including drafting correspondences and reports, scheduling appointments, making travel arrangements, organizing meetings, records management and budget monitoring.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Administration, Communications, Marketing or related discipline with Diploma in Secretarial Sciences/ Office Management as added advantage.
- A minimum of 5-8 years of relevant professional experience in a regional/ international corporate, banking or DFI environment.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Have excellent oral and written communication Skills.
- Results oriented individual with the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, manage dynamic priorities and able to work under pressure to deliver on strict deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Team player with strong verbal and written communication skills with proven analytical and business writing skills and proficient in the use of MS Office applications.
- Strong negotiation skills with ability to manage stakeholder engagement.
- Desire to be proactive and create a positive experience with other team members
- Fluent in English with working knowledge of French and/or Portuguese as added advantage.
Applications should include a detailed resume, scanned copy of passport biodata page, recent passport size photo, full contact details and the names and addresses of three referees. Candidates must have a good knowledge of TDB’s operating environment. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Interested candidates should express their interest by submitting their applications directly to email@example.com by 11th October 2019.
(NOTE:Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2019 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details here)
Candidates must have a good knowledge of the operating environment. If you have not received any response within one month, please consider your application unsuccessful however your resume will be kept on the TDB database for any other suitable positions. TDB is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
TDB reserves the right to conduct background check on shortlisted applicants, and additional information may be required for the completion of this exercise.