Entry Level NGO Jobs
Submit CV Here
Senior Project Manager
CowaterSogema is currently recruiting a Senior Project Manager for its Public Financial Management and Accountability Group. The Senior Project Manager will lead the management of CowaterSogema’s DFID-funded Customs Reform and Trade Enhancement Somalia (CRATES) project (£10.2m; 2018-2021). The position is to Nairobi-based with a requirement for regular travel to Somalia (Mogadishu).
As CowaterSogema International representative in Nairobi, Kenya, the Senior Project Manager would be expected to identify and develop key business relationships and opportunities, as well as contribute to emerging thematic debates, particularly within the Kenya and East African region.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with progressively more responsibility in project management, administration and financial management in a team environment;
- Management of international development projects, including:
- supervising and coordinating inputs and efforts from field and HQ team members;
- performing quality control on all deliverables;
- engaging in recruitment of project staff;
- “hands-on” rigorous management of budgets, contracts and schedules; and
- maintaining clear communication lines between HQ, the field and clients;
- Overseas experience in developing countries, experience in Somalia will be considered a strong asset;
- Experience with international donor reporting requirements, in particular with DFID;
- Experience in results-based management;
- Technical expertise in one or more of the following areas is considered an asset
- public financial management and revenue reform
- extractive sector governance
- gender and social inclusion
- private sector development
- A Master’s degree in a relevant discipline
- Excellent writing skills (reports, work plans, proposals)
- Strong financial management skills;
- Strong managerial and organizational skills;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
English fluency essential. Additional languages will be considered an asset.
A CV and Covering Letter should be submitted through http://www.cowater.com/job-listings/.
Applications should be submitted by the 31st of March, 2019.