Project Monitoring & Evaluation Certification in 2 Weeks
Course details here
Internal Client Services – Human Resources Officer
- Bachelors Degree in HR or related field (Masters Degree will be an added advantage)
- Professional qualifications in a relevant field (e.g. HD-HRM,CIPD,CHRP,SHRP, ) will be an added advantage
- At least five (5) years’ working experience with a minimum of three (3) years’ HR relevant work experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and organization skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Very good presentation skills
- Good Leadership, supervisory and influencing skills
- Negotiation and facilitation skills
- Good understanding of HR best practices and application of the same
- Ability to multi-task and undertake research initiatives
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications including Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
What you’ll do / Specialized Competencies (per job description) In this role, you will be supporting high performing teams to make an impact that matters to deliver exceptional client service. Competencies that are required for the role are:
- Managing to results: Seeks to understand how assigned areas of responsibility contribute to broader business objectives and desired outcomes.
- Managing and executing projects: Seeks to understand the key components of a work plan.
- Solving problems: Conducts analysis to clarify the problem and its root causes
- Managing quality and risk: Maintains independence, when required, and an attitude of objectivity in the performance of services; complies with personal and other independence requirements set by regulatory bodies and Deloitte Global/Deloitte network policies.
- Managing change and ambiguity: Maintains a positive attitude when facing change or ambiguity
Key performance areas
- Implementing agreed recruitment and mobility strategies, policies and practices in liaison with the recruitment manager.
- Ensuring consistent and well-coordinated recruitment efforts that support the function’s strategic objectives and conducting comprehensive staff induction.
- Managing the recruitment management system to effectively support recruitment activities.
- Creating and analysing HR Management reports for leadership consumption.
- Acting as a point of contact for regional and global mobility as well as conducting mobility surveys, assessments and preparing reports on mobility statistics.
- Obtaining a clear understanding of the labour laws across the region and ensuring the firm’s compliance.
- Providing team leadership and guidance of the team to complete work by set deadlines, and advising manager of any issues prior to deadlines.
- Assisting in providing advice on interpretation and application of policies, regulations and rules.
- Overseeing the provision of adequate employee welfare services, such as health and safety, in accordance with legal and social requirements.
- Developing and maintaining strategic relationships with professional HR associations and keeping abreast of the developments in HR and advise accordingly.
- Implementing assigned HR Projects.
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Sound business acumen
- Focus on quality and risk
- Well-developed computer user skills.
Your role as a leader At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities Living our Purpose – Identifies and embraces our purpose and values and puts these into practice in their professional lifeInfluence – Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholdersPerformance drive – Seeks opportunities to challenge self; teams with others across businesses and borders to deliver and takes accountability for own and team resultsStrategic direction – Understands objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal prioritiesTalent development – Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador How you’ll grow At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world.From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Our purpose Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/impact-that-matters.html To the successful candidates, the Firm will offer a competitive and performance driven remuneration package, a highly energised team environment comprising individuals who are committed to working as one, producing results and enjoying it.
If you meet the above requirements, please visit our website and apply online: www.deloitte.com/ke
Closing date: 14 February 2019.