Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
Kenya School of Government (KSG) is an ISO 9001:2015 certified institution that provides capacity development programs for the Public Service through training, research, consultancy and policy advisory services. Specifically, the School affords opportunity for development of leadership, managerial and other skills and competencies required in policy making and service delivery; inculcation of public service doctrine, ethics and values; and familiarity with emerging knowledge in all spheres of society that impinge on the public service. The School seeks to fill a vacant position of Deputy Director Learning and Development with a suitably qualified candidate. The position is based at the Embu Campus.
Deputy Director Learning and Development (1 post)
Reference Number: DDLD/01/2019
Reporting to Campus Director, this position is responsible for the assessment and identification of the training and development needs, primarily at the managerial level and for the effective coordination of training and development programs. The Deputy Director Learning and Development actively searches, designs, and implements effective methods for enhancing performance, and recognizing outstanding performance.
(NOTE:Are you feeling stuck in your career? Get FREE career and professional consultation, coaching and mentoring.Join us for the FREE Professional Development Training.We have limited space. Book your spot here.)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise training, research and consultancy services
- Develop and recommend long term business strategies and plans
- Maintain accurate records of academic activities and programs
- Ensure compliance with the School Quality Management System and Standards
- Oversee monitoring and evaluation of programs
- Coordinate achievement of Performance Contract targets
- Ensure optimal utilization of human resources
- Ensure compliance with established course admission criteria and procedures
- Coordinate preparation of business proposals
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Director
Requirements for Appointment
- Bachelor Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration or any other relevant social science from a recognized institution
- Master’s Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration or any other relevant social science from a recognized institution
- A proven track record in leadership and management with at least four (4) years of experience at Senior Management level
- Extensive knowledge of Public Service
- Membership of a professional association in good standing
- Attended a Leadership and Management Course lasting at least six (6) weeks from a recognized institution
- Evidence of fulfillment of the requirements contained in Chapter six (6) of the Kenya Constitution 2010 including:
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Tax Compliance Certificate
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) Self-declaration Form
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) Compliance Certificate
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) Certificate
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit their application, including cover letter, copy of National Identity Card, detailed curriculum vitae, relevant certificates and testimonials; stating your current position, email address, telephone contacts and the reference number of the advertised position.
Applications should be made through the KSG Recruitment portal http://220.127.116.11:7072/Recruitment/Jobs/JobDetails/EMPREQ001 AND a hard copy sent to the undersigned so as to be received on or before Monday 29th July, 2019.
Please indicate the Ref. No. DDLD/01/2019 as your subject
Kenya School of Government
P.O Box 23030-00604
Lower Kabete Road
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The successful candidate s will be engaged on a three (3) year contract.