Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
Deputy Head of Academics
To manage assessments, examinations, data analysis of student academic performance, Personalised Learning Programs and other appropriate intervention programs e.g. literacy and high achievers, implementation of quality assurance across the Faculty plus the development and management of the Special Educational Needs program.
Duties and Responsibilities
Teaching and Learning
- Take responsibility for lesson attendance of all members of the faculty to ensure quality teaching and learning
- Take responsibility for collaborating with KICD/ TSC/ KNEC/ Ministry of Education to ensure the quality and relevance of the curriculum.
- Along with the Head of Academics, lead the Heads of Department meetings and any other relevant meeting or committee designed to improve the quality of the curriculum and/or teaching and learning.
- Maintain up‐to‐date knowledge and understanding of current legislation, examination specifications, and classroom best practices in order to advise the Head of Academics, SLT and relevant Board committees on the Academy’s academic policies and procedures.
- Be responsible, as directed by Head of Academics, for maintaining, reviewing and updating the academic/curriculum documentation ensuring that the school is fully prepared for any ministry of education inspection relating to his/her areas of responsibility.
Management of student issues:
- To be a member of the Discipline Committee and manage student behavior in accordance with the relevant policies and regulations.
Management and Administration
- Work with other relevant Deputy Heads, Senior Teachers and the Head of Academics toensure the smooth day-to-day running of Faculty
- Work with the timetable coordinator, to manage cover lessons.
- Share the assembly rota with members of SLT
- Organize, attend and support all parents’ consultations and other academic events
- Manage the production of academic transcripts
- Any other reasonable tasks required by Head of Academics and associated with the role of Deputy Head Academics
- Lead self-evaluation process for monitoring, evaluation, and review
- Oversight of attendance and punctuality, including the compilation of whole school statistical data
- Convey a positive “can do” attitude, motivate and inspire staff and present a positive ‘united front’ to secure successful outcomes of school initiatives
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships/communication with educationalists, parents/guardians, local communities and the Ministry of education.
Staff Development and INSET
- In collaboration with the DTL, HoA and Human Resource department, to play a key role in the planning, leading, monitoring and reviewing Professional Training Days, Staff INSET and professional development of faculty staff.
- In collaboration with the HoA, to manage the Performance Management process for all faculty staff
- Shared responsibility for the induction and in-service arrangements for current and new teachers
School Management Team:
- Contribute as a key player to the Academy’s management team in its planning, implementation, monitoring, and review of strategic and operational plans, liaising with other managers as appropriate, taking the lead for taught programs.
- Monitor Faculty HR issues
Recruitment of Teachers and Admissions of students:
- Work closely with the DTL, HoA and Human resource department in the recruitment of teachers
- Contribute to the admissions process for students
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Education or equivalent, a Master degree in Education is an added advantage.
- At least 5 years of prior teaching experience with demonstrated high-progress student outcomes in relevant subjects and evaluations.
- MUST be registered by Teachers Service Commission.
- Technology proficiency and knowledge of digital learning.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible and agile problem solvers.
- Comfortable with a Socratic style, where raising questions is more important than giving answers.
- Energized by different cultures, languages, and learning styles.
- Committed to their own personal journey and growth.
- Experience with co-curricular youth entrepreneurship and/or leadership programs.
How to Apply
Please send your applications to email@example.com not later than Wednesday 31st July 2019, stating clearly on the email subject line and on your application letter reference line, which role you are applying for. Please note, only soft copy/ email applications to the address provided will be accepted. No hard copy applications will be accepted or received. Kindly include in your application copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials, certificate of good conduct, and detailed CV, contact details as well as names and contacts (telephone and e-mail address) of three (3) professional referees.