Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles. The ICRC’s Regional Delegation in Nairobi co-ordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kenya, Tanzania and Djibouti.
Economic Security Regional Training Officer
The Economic Security Regional Training Officer supports the advanced trainers based in Nairobi and Amman. At regional level this involves organizing and delivering the four basic Economic Security (EcoSec) training modules; coaching and shadowing the training relays in Delegations; supporting training relays from National Societies for capacity building; supporting specialists in the delivery of their trainings with a focus on pedagogical aspects; coordinating as well as collaborating with learning and development counterparts from other Units. At a global level, he or she contributes to the EcoSec learning and development strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Adapts existing training packages to client-delegation’s operational context and audience;
- Compiles basic information for course participants and shares accordingly with the focal point;
- Supports the creation of training relays across National Societies willing to develop competencies in the domain of EcoSec;
- Participates in the periodic internal training needs analysis’ exercise at the Unit level;
- Organizes travel arrangement’s to training sites broad according to delegation procedures;
- Supports specialists in the delivery of their trainings;
- Contributes to the creation or revision of EcoSec training modules and related resources.
- University degree in International humanitarian studies, or equivalent Data Analysis, Agronomy, Animal Production, Nutrition or a related field;
- Minimum 3-5 years of ICRC field experience;
- Proven experience in training and capacity building associated activities;
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English language. Working level of French language would be an added asset;
- Experience in project management, knowledge of Results-Based Management would be an advantage.
- Willingness to travel frequently in the region.
How to apply
The interested candidates should submit their applications on or before the 19th July 2019 at 4:30 pm with the CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas etc) and current and expected remuneration to ICRC Nairobi Delegation, HR Department via: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The reference Economic Security Regional Training Officer must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required diploma & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.