Become a Certified Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
- Vacancy No: CGHR 107/11/2019
- Position: Community Interviewers (10 positions) KMR 11
- Location: Teso North, Teso South Sub-Counties, Busia County
- Duration: 1 year with a possibility of extension
- Reporting to: Product Managers
The Spatial repellents (SR) project is funded by UNITAID and seeks to fill the
gaps for assessing spatial repellent products efficacy, deployment and uptake strategies. In this regard, Kenya has been selected as the site for conducting the epidemiological evaluation of spatial repellent product efficacy in a high malaria transmission setting. This study will be conducted in Busia County over the next two years. The project seeks to fill the following position(s).
- O-level Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (Minimum of C-)
- Must be willing to reside within the study area
- Must be able to speak read and write in English and Kiswahili
- Must be able to design a supervisory plan for coordination of Spatial Repellent product distribution.
- Ability to speak Teso would be an added advantage
- Experience working with CHVs in the community would be an added advantage
- The community interviewers will report directly to study coordinator and will be responsible for collecting timely and accurate data in their assigned households and health facilities
Skills, knowledge and Abilities
- Must be able to ride a motorcycle
- Must be able to operate and take care of an electronic data collection instrument such as a tablet.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with members of the community.
- Must be able to coordinate with their respective Product manager at the designated study clusters.
- Must be honest, truthful and able to handle challenging situations in the field.
- Work with minimal supervision and be a team player
- Able to devote additional time for the study including working over national and public holidays.
Specific tasks and responsibilities
- Supervise distribution and replacement of Envelopes by Community Health Volunteers (CHVs)
- Coordinate with the CHVs and develop the distribution and replacement plan for Envelopes
- Coordinate the pickup of Envelopes from the stores by CHVs each morning and return of remaining ones to the store by close of day
- Plan appropriately to ensure availability of all supplies required for product distribution and replacement
- Ensure that data on Envelope distribution and replacement is captured accurately and completed using the tablets
- Attend study debriefing meetings and present reports on progress within assigned clusters
- Be courteous, respectful, honest, proactive, conscientious, punctual and hardworking
- Complete any other duties assigned or delegated by the management
Terms of Employment: 1-year renewable contract as per KEMRI scheme of service and a Probation period for the first 3 months.
Remuneration: Compensation is negotiable within a relevant grade, based on education levels, relevant experience and demonstrated competency. The salary scheme is based on the KEMRI scales plus supplemental amounts.
Applications should include the following:
- Letter of Application (Indicate Vacancy Number)
- Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae with Telephone number and e-mail address
- Three letters of reference with contact telephone numbers
- Copies of KCSE Certificate and National Identity Card.
(NOTE: Not sure where to get started on your cover letter? Check our NEWLY UPDATED cover letter template for NGOs for FREE! You can copy and paste this proven sample to create a lasting impression and get invited to the interview right away. Get it here.)
Apply to Director, CGHR, P.O. Box 1578-40100, Kisumu not later than December 3, 2019.
Kemri Is An Equal Opportunity Employer Commited To Diversity; Persons With Disability, Women, Youth And Those From Marginalized Areas Are Encouraged To Apply. Kemri Does Not Charge A Fee At Any Stage Of Its Recruitment Process Including Application, Interview And Processing Of Offer Letter. If Asked For A Fee, Report Such Request Immediately. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted