Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
Evidence and Accountability Advisor Job at Option UK
We’re seeking an experienced individual to join our team based in Nairobi who will successfully coordinate the approach to evidence based culture within national and sub-national governments across Lot2 of UK-Aid funded Women’s Integrated Sexual Health (WISH) programme. The successful candidate will provide excellent leadership to WISH Lot2 teams enabling us to achieve key performance indicators.
The Regional Evidence and Accountability Advisor will be responsible for leading and coordinating the overarching approach to evidence based culture within national and sub-national governments, enabling them to use data to drive legal, financial, policy and quality of care decisions and actions. The successful applicant will engage with the regional national ownership lead, regional technical advisors, Options’ staff in London, and country teams to ensure a strategic and comprehensive approach to strengthening government stewardship over sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) in Lot 2 countries.
The Regional Evidence and Accountability Advisor will provide technical, strategic and management backstopping support to, and quality assure the work of Evidence and Accountability Advisors in Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Madagascar, Bangladesh and Pakistan. The successful candidate will also work with consortium partners to share learnings and facilitate uptake of approaches to the rest of Lot 2 countries.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- At least an Undergraduate Degree in public health, health management or related field.
- At least ten years’ work experience, with significant experience in the provision of technical assistance including remote support.
- Considerable experience in leading the delivery of donor-funded programmes, particularly those funded by DFID.
- Relevant and demonstrable experience in domestic financing and/or strengthening policy and legislation, using evidence to hold the government to account for sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) outcomes and promote quality control and standards of service provision and care programmes settings.
- Basic salary will include the following allowances and benefits: housing, transportation and meals.
- 25 days Annual Leave per year in addition to Kenyan public holidays.
- Employer 5% pension contribution
- Medical insurance
- 13th month bonus pro rata
- Relocation package for international applicants can be considered
- To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience to Michael Cavanagh at firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should state the role (Regional Evidence and Accountability Advisor WISH Lot 2) in the subject header.
- Please note that the closing date for this vacancy is for guidance only. Applications will be screened upon receipt and this vacancy may be closed as soon as sufficient applicants have been received.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview. Interviews will be organised directly with shortlisted applicants on a rolling basis.
(NOTE:Are you feeling stuck in your career? Get FREE career and professional consultation, coaching and mentoring.Join us for the FREE Professional Development Training.We have limited space. Book your spot here.)
Options is an equal opportunities employer
Overseas candidates require to have the right to work in Kenya.