Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
Farm Africa Kenya received funding from the DFID Aid Match funding scheme to implement the Growing Futures project. Growing Futures aims to develop a model to expand agricultural entrepreneurial skills to improve livelihood opportunities for young people engaging in profitable and viable agri-enterprises beyond the traditional maize production.
To facilitate Farm Africa staff with their transportation requirements for meetings, workshops, field visits and running project errands.
To transport Farm Africa staff on official duties safely and responsibly
- To drive staff and carry out errands within Kilifi and Kwale Counties area according to the daily and weekly work schedules developed by the project coordinator and the project team
- Prepare for field visits and identify the locations before the travel
- To drive staff within Kenya and within the East African region as requested by the project coordinator
To be responsible for the management of the assigned Farm Africa vehicle
- To ensure that the vehicle log book is completed for all journeys and private mileage is clearly labelled as such.
- To conduct or oversee minor day-to-day repairs in the field.
- To complete a weekly vehicle check sheet and report any defects timely to the project coordinator.
- To request adequate funds for fuel and other vehicle expenses before a long journey
- To ensure that the vehicle is serviced as per the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- To arrange major vehicle repairs as required and to obtain quotes for any purchases or repairs according to the procurement rules of Farm Africa.
- To maintain the cleanliness of the car.
- Assist with office work if necessary
To assist in logistics
- Facilitate postage or parcels and other errands as required
- Banking and payments of cheques when requested
- Sourcing for quotes in consultation with the Project Admin/accountant and Project coordinator and in line with the procurement policies of Farm Africa
- Assist with preparation and setting up for workshops, meetings and any other project activity
To play an active role as a member of the Farm Africa Kenya team
- To communicate with respect in line with the Farm Africa code of conduct
- To participate in monthly (full) staff meetings for the project and the whole Farm Africa team
- Assist with reception cover if requested
- Any other duties as requested by your line manager
- KCSE certificate
- Certificate of good conduct
- Clean driving licence
- Minimum 3 years off road driving experience including 4WD Previous NGO work experience
- Vehicle maintenance and management
Skills & abilities
- Communication, both verbal and written Adaptability
- Motivation Team building
- Investing in smallholder farming is the number one way to combat poverty in rural Africa. Farm Africa is a leading NGO specialising in growing agriculture, protecting the environment and developing businesses in rural Africa.
- Deep expertise and insightful evidence-based solutions are at the heart of everything Farm Africa does.
- Positive change starts with Africa’s people, so our experts work closely with local communities, engaging them in every level of decision-making.
- We take a long-term view so we can deliver lasting changes for farmers and their families.
Method of Application
If you meet the above requirements for this position, send your cover letter indicating the title of the position and the expected salary along with an updated CV with email and telephone contacts of three professional referees to: The Corporate Services Manager, mail: email@example.com before or by 5.00pm on 20th March 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.