Become a Certified Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
Reporting functionally to the Manager, Regional ICT and administratively to the Factory Unit Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the coordination of ICT services within the Factory by providing technical support for all sections.
- Working with users to analyze workflow, access, information, and security requirements as well as designing system infrastructure;
- Installing and configuring servers and application software on all workstations;
- Planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of PC and server hardware, LAN and WAN networks, and operating systems;
- Maintaining and monitoring system performance by troubleshooting system hardware, and networks and documenting system problems and resolutions.
- Backing up and restoring files and critical data by performing/verifying daily backup for recoverability;
- Database management and ensuring smooth data replication between factory and KTDA head office.
- Installing, configuring, supporting and maintenance of electronic weighing solutions (EWS)
- Performing and/or overseeing new software and application testing, implementation and review in the factory;
- Supporting the design and implementation of IT policies and procedures;
- Responsible for documenting technical configuration of installed systems;
- Testing, evaluating, and installing system enhancements by scouting for new technological innovations within the factories core business areas;
- Cconducting training to the factory
- Developing system access, monitoring control, and evaluation; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures.
- Management and administration of system user accounts and passwords;
- Identifying systems upgrades by conferring with ICTB, vendors and services providers;
- Ensure timely preparation and distribution of ICT reports as and when they fall due;
- Responsible for the provision of ICT infrastructure services including desktop, laptops etc.;
- Assessing the adequacy of the ICT equipment in the factories;
- Monitoring and coordinating all new and existing ICT Projects and initiatives at the factory.
The ideal candidate must possess the following qualifications and competencies: –
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- CCNA/CCNP/MCSE or related professional certification
- Minimum four (4) years of experience in a similar set up.
- Technical knowledge of hardware and network installation.
- Must demonstrate high integrity and ethical practice
- Must demonstrate ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Must be a team player who is able to work cordially in teams
- Must demonstrate ability to multitask.
- Should have ability to solve problems by applying relevant business knowledge
- Should demonstrate professional expertise in the relevant work area
- Must have the ability to communicate for both written and oral communication
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must be a flexible person, who is willing to learn and able to work flexible hours to achieve goals
The post Field Systems Administrator at KTDA appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobwebkenya.com/.