Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
- Purpose of assignment: To support Finance UNIT as per the scope of work outlined below
- Estimated level of the assignment: Internship
- Location of assignment: Nairobi
- Duration of assignment: 3 months
- Reporting to: Finance Officer
UNICEF Kenya country office moved offices from Block D to Block Q in May 2018. In April 2019, the office archives were also moved from the Limuru premises to premises near the office in Gigiri. Because of these two major movements, diverse categories of documents require sorting and arrangement for ease of access.
UNICEF Kenya country office Finance Unit maintains files of Partners Designated Officers Forms from IPs. These forms are not systematically filed by the Sections. Finance Unit as the last check point on the correctness of the FACE forms needs to make sure these documents are systematically filed. A database containing the information on current IPs and their PDOs needs to be developed to help ease verification of signatures appended on the FACE forms during the advancement and liquidation of DCTs from the Implementing Partners. This exercise will give additional assurance to the office that the DCT requests for funds from the implementing partners are signed by the authorized/designated officials of the IPs.
Finance needs to develop and regularly maintain a database on these TAs and their age and submit to the Finance Associate in charge of payroll deductions for upload in the payroll system monthly.
Further, UNICEF Kenya implemented the PUSH and TRACK system to help in monitoring and managing the movement of invoices in the office to avoid unnecessary delays in the payment process. Delays in the processing of invoices could pose a reputational risk for the office. There is a therefore a need to ensure that the movement of documents in the PUSH and TRACK is marched by physical movement/submission of documents to Finance for uploading in the Service Gateway to ensure accuracy of the reports that are generated by the PUSH and TRACK system.
Under the supervision and guidance of Finance/Accounts Officer, the intern will carry out the following tasks:
- File BCM documents, HACT related payment documents including those for liquidation of DCTs.
- Systematically file and assist in managing Finance Unit Archives, identifying and categorizing all documents that are over 10 years old that should be destroyed/disposed. Should also detect any gaps in the files and Identify any misplaced documents occasioned by the office and archive movements.
- Help maintain a system for managing Partner Designated Officers Files and Database. Maintain repository/share point for Finance Unit including records of IP registration, spot checks;
- Together with the Budget Associate, help clean up GL accounts for KCO and ESARO ensuring that there are no entries/items outstanding/older than 2 months;
- Help in tracing and following up documents that are submitted to Finance through the PUSH and TRACK system but there is a delay in submitting the hard copies for processing.
Work Relationship: The intern will work closely with the Finance and Admin. teams. Intern will also be expected to work with different outcome teams and zone offices and will develop positive working relationships with partners, stakeholders and overall UNICEF staff.
Payment schedule: To be paid a stipend of KES 30,000/- (Thirty thousand Kenya shillings) per month, being contribution towards the intern’s out of pocket expenses such as transport costs, etc.
Required qualifications: Secondary School completion
- Core values required: Commitment, Diversity and Inclusion and integrity:
- Core competencies: Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results
- The intern will keep confidential all unpublished information made known to them during their service as an intern and will not publish any reports or papers on the basis of information obtained during the period of their service, except with the authorization of UNICEF.
- The intern will not handle accountable documents such as Cheques, have access to the UNICEF Finance system (Vision and other related systems), access the cash office, the SAFE, filing store and other sensitive areas when not accompanied by authorized staff member
- The intern shall prepare, on request, a short-written report at the end of their service.
- UNICEF accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accident and/or illness incurred during the service as an intern, whether on or off UNICEF premises, and the intern must, therefore, provide proof of enrolment in a health/accident plan.
- There is no expectancy of employment at the end of service as an intern.
- UNICEF is not responsible for obtaining any necessary visas and that, therefore, the intern is responsible for obtaining them.
- The intern will work from the UNICEF office in Gigiri, Nairobi.
Closing Date Wed Jul 17 2019 23:55:00 GMT+0300 (East Africa Time)
Click the following link to apply