Become a Certified Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
Position: Administrative Assistant in the in the Pharmacy Department.
Entity: Aga Khan University Hospital
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
- Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi is a private not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides tertiary and secondary level healthcare services. It is the first hospital in East Africa to be accredited by the Joint Commission International from the USA. The University Hospital has been providing high quality care for the people of East Africa and beyond for over 60 years.
- Applications are invited from candidates who meet the requirements for the position of Administrative Assistant in the in the Pharmacy Department.
- Reporting to the Chief Pharmacist, the Administrative Assistant will ensure efficient and effective accomplishment of all the administrative tasks in pharmacy department and enhance smooth operations within the department.
- Maintaining records for premises and staff registration with PPB
- Maintaining staff files
- Maintaining the staff register for annual and sick leave
- Coordinating and communicating with pharmacy satellites to ensure smooth operations of the department.
- Maintaining proper bookkeeping and safekeeping of departmental documents
- Providing IT support where applicable
- Preparation, compilation and analysis of pharmacy reports
- Performing data entry for dispensing errors, medication errors, incident reports, medication interventions and nursing floor inspections.
- Conducting pharmacy audit analysis for both operational and clinical indicators.
- Maintaining the register for borrowed drugs from other hospitals.
- Recording and maintaining the register for expired drugs for approval by finance before incineration.
- Administrative assistant for the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee including compilation, designing, formatting and editing of Hospital Formulary and the Pharmacy Information Link Letter.
- Assisting in tasks related to the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee including filing and storing of new drugs applications and respective samples.
- Facilitating pharmacy stock takes.
- Performing any other duties related to the department as may be assigned from time to time.
- Diploma in Administration
- Minimum one (1) years’ experience in an administrative position.
- Advanced computing skills with knowledge of MS Office packages
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
Applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, names of three referees, telephone contact, e-mail address and copies of certificates and testimonials should be sent to the Manager, Recruitment, Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi. P. O. Box 30270-00100, NAIROBI or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications by email are preferred.
Please indicate the title of the position on your application.
(NOTE:Are you feeling stuck in your career? Get FREE career and professional consultation, coaching and mentoring.Join us for the FREE Professional Development Training.We have limited space. Book your spot here.)
Applications should be submitted latest by December 15, 2019