Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
Finance Controller, East Africa
Greenlight Planet is looking for a Controller to lead the Finance Department in three of our Key markets in East Africa (Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania). The role will be responsible for managing the Country Finance managers as well as the accounting and finance teams that support 400+ employees and 3,500+ field agents. The role will report directly to the Global Finance Controller acting as the go-to person for all accounting, tax and finance related challenges.
Key responsibilities for the role:
Financial Reporting and Treasury
- Leading the Financial reporting function for East Africa region. This will cover the entire gamut of reporting – from timely month end close to regular scrutiny of trial balance and balance sheet to planning and overseeing completion of year end audit
- Adopting, recording and reporting any changes appropriately in the books of accounts.
- Regularly reviewing financial processes, identifying gaps and upgrading wherever necessary
- Ensuring timely closure of audit of all the entities under your control
- Managing funds, preparing and reviewing cash flows to determine any immediate or future funding requirements
- Leading the tax compliance for all the entities under your control which will involve VAT, WHT, Corporate taxes, Customs duties etc.
- Legal and Administrative
- Primary vetting of legal agreements with suppliers, partners, vendors, distributors, etc across East Africa to ensure compliance with local regulations
- Enforcing local corporate law compliance and seeking clarity from experts as required
- Ensuring that all secretarial compliances are done on time
- Ensuring that Finance acts as an effective collaborator in helping the Business grow effectively while understanding the impact it could have on tax and regulatory compliance.
Team Building and international co-operation
- Mentoring and guiding your multi-national team in a manner that not only leads to achievement of departmental and organisational targets but also individual growth and development of your team members
- Collaborating frequently with controllers of other regions to build a cohesive multi-national finance function as well as for discussion and knowledge sharing on diverse topics in finance and accounting for the benefit of the Group
The ideal Finance Controller:
- Has a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Commerce, Accounting or any other related field. A Postgraduate degree is an added advantage.
- Is a Certified Public Accountant, Chartered Accountant or equivalent. An additional qualification in relation to IFRS/ US GAAP and / or Tax laws is a plus
- Has good hands on knowledge of MS Excel and MS Office Suite
- Has exposure to ERPs like SAP, Hyperion etc
- Is inclined to building efficient processes
- Is comfortable working in a dynamic multi-national environment
- Is a team manager- someone who can help progress team members’ development through effective mentorship
- Is open to travel at least 15% of the time
We are looking for someone who is driven, passionate and excited about the opportunity to bring honest, affordable, energy to homes in Africa and Asia. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
Greenlight Planet offers a competitive salary, a fun, supportive work environment and opportunities for continued professional growth within a fast-growing global enterprise.
Greenlight Planet believes in equal opportunity for all people, everywhere. It is the reason we exist! So, regardless of your race, colour, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, HIV/Aids status, disability or any other protected characteristic as established by law, we will accept your application and make a decision based on your suitability for the position.