Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
Reporting to the Group General Manager- Technical Services, the successful candidate will be responsible for undertaking maintenance and continuous improvement of equipment and plant at KTDA Factories.
- Monitoring energy utilization – thermal and electrical to ensure efficient and effective energy use.
- Overseeing the installation, maintenance and repair of machinery, equipment and electrical and mechanical systems.
- Ensuring all regions have developed and implemented sound and strategic annual maintenance programs.
- Ensuring technical audits are carried out periodically to establish the actual status of plant and equipment in the factories.
- Participating in ensuring statutory inspections are carried out as required by proper selection of service providers.
- Ensuring continuous upgrading of machines and equipment to keep pace with changing technology.
- Participating in preparation of budget and adherence to approved levels.
- Ensuring observation and compliance to environmental, health and safety measures and regulations.
- Conducting training activities for maintenance staff and other personnel as and when required.
- Developing and implementing schedules and procedures for safety inspections and preventive maintenance program.
- Conducting monthly inspections in the subsidiaries.
The ideal candidate must possess the following qualifications, experience and competencies: –
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering.
- Master’s degree in a business related field;
- A minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience, 3 of which should be at a senior management level;
- Be registered by the Engineering Board;
- Must have demonstrated ability to handle departmental budgets, resources, processes, projects and relationships;
- Should have thorough knowledge of the relevant industry/sector as well as knowledge of regulatory requirements affecting the relevant sector;
- Must have ability to plan, organize, implement and evaluate departmental goals;
- Must demonstrate ability to handle multiple and conflicting priorities, and work under strict deadlines;
- Should have strong analytical and be result oriented;
- Must have high standards of integrity and ethical practice;
- Must have management and Leadership skills;
- Must have ability to accurately plan work assignments, prioritize tasks and deliver deadlines;
- Should have problem solving and decision making abilities;
- Should be an effective communicator with the ability to handle both internal and external communication;
- Should demonstrate ability to identify and respond to risk areas within the department;
- Should have effective people management and conflict resolution skills;
The post Head Of Maintenance at KTDA appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobwebkenya.com/.