Become a Certified Project Management Specialist
Head of Projects Ref: Laser/HP/19
The job holder is responsible for overseeing the day to day management of all projects within Laser Property Services
(NOTE: Would you like to know the BIGGEST CV mistake you can make? Find out plus the Top 8 Ways To Make Your CV Stand Out.)
- Providing oversight and direction to outside third parties (architects, engineers, construction professionals) on projects.
- Engaging in engineering and environmental due diligence activities while working with a network of third-party firms.
- Performing occasional on-site inspections of both existing assets as well as projects under Laser Property Services
- Performing review of both consultant recommendations and the underlying contractor request for payments.
- Negotiating construction and professional services contracts.
- Developing policies, procedures, and protocols aimed at providing superior advisory services to clients.
- Providing and maintain project budgets, schedules, and other project related information and documentation utilizing standard project management tools.
- Directing the completion of projects from inception through completion and provide input and ensure consistent performance
- Following up and closing meetings with clients or tenants for schedule updates, direction and or changes on a regular basis throughout the life of the project.
- Monitoring local legislation in all jurisdictions and meet with state, county, and other local officials as needed regarding matters that pertain to real estate development.
- Working directly with other Senior Management Team members to provide leadership, strategic direction, and prioritize initiatives focused on client services, value delivery, efficiency/cost control, project planning, and resource management.
Qualification and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in the field of architecture, business, real estate, engineering or construction management
- Licensed Engineer or Registered Architect
- Five years’ minimum professional experience with building design and/or construction industry and/or real estate investment environment in a similar role.
Skills and Competence Requirements
- Broad knowledge of real estate/property services finance with a high analytic aptitude.
- Excellent planning, organizational and communications skills.
- Experience in overseeing planning, design and construction projects, and advanced knowledge of the design and construction industry and standard practices
- The ability to skillfully communicate at various levels in numerous situations with industry experts spanning several disciplines, subjects, and scenarios.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks – both short term and long term in nature – under stress of budget constraints, timeline demands, and high level of expected results.
- Demonstrated track record of meeting financial business plans, budgets, and project schedules.
- The candidate should be able to travel frequently across the region in search of new and inspect existing projects.
How to apply
If you meet the requirements stipulated for the above position, please write in confidence quoting the position title and reference number on the subject of the email or cover letter on or before Tuesday 23rd July, 2019 at 5.00 PM.
Applications including Curriculum Vitae, contact email and daytime telephone contacts, current position and remuneration, names and addresses of three referees should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, the candidates should attach the following documents which must be valid:
● Certificate of Good conduct
● Clearance Certificate by Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
● Certificate by Credit Reference Bureau
● KRA Tax Compliance Certificate
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.