Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
Head of Risk
Risk assessment, quantification, development of mitigating strategies and monitoring their implementation for the Kenyan Companies within the Jubilee Insurance Group. Regular reporting of risk incidences and updates to risk framework will also be part of the main purpose of the job.
- Develop and maintain a risk management framework for the Kenyan Companies within the Group: –
- Develop and implement systems, policies and procedures for the identification, collation and analysis of risk related information for each of the Companies and Lines of Business.
- Agree a quantification methodology with each of the stakeholders and regularly review the risk quantification outcomes for the Companies and Lines of Business.
- Document a risk appetite statement for the Companies approved by their respective Boards d. Assist Management to develop risk mitigation measures in accordance with the respective Company’s approved appetite for quantified, identified risks
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of controls established by management to ensure that identified risks are mitigated appropriately at a granular level and propose ongoing improvements in accordance with changing circumstances.
- Track the implementation of Company-wide risk mitigation action plans and report periodically to Management and the respective Boards
- Ensure that legal, regulatory and best-practice risk management principles are implemented rigorously within each Line of Business
- In consultation with the Group Head of Risk and Compliance, plan, recruit and train the appropriate human resources for an effective and sustainable Risk Management team
- At the appropriate time, in consultation with the Group Head of Risk and Compliance, plan and implement an appropriate risk management software for the Companies within the group.
- Facilitate awareness and training programs on risk management activities within each of the Lines of Business to increase the importance and effectiveness of risk management at strategic and operational level Organise periodic, industry-specific, independent assessments to enable the respective Boards assessment on the effectiveness of internal risk management
- Bachelor of Commerce in Finance or Bachelor of Science in Actuarial Science
- CPA (K) qualification or at least core Actuarial exams passed.
- Chartered Enterprise Risk Analyst qualification is an advantage
- Ability to work with others as a team
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- High level of dependability, integrity, and honesty.
(NOTE: Would you like to know the BIGGEST CV mistake you can make? Find out plus the Top 8 Ways To Make Your CV Stand Out.)
Minimum Seven (7) years’ experience in actuarial, accounting or risk management roles with at least 3 of these years in leadership positions.
How to apply
Applications to be sent to Recruitment@jubileekenya.com quoting the Job Reference Number and Designation given above on or before 24th July 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted