Become a Certified Project Management Specialist
Kenya Association of Manufacturers is the representative organisation for manufacturing value-add industries in Kenya. Established in 1959 as a private sector body, KAM has evolved into a dynamic, vibrant, credible and respected business association that unites industrialists and offers a common voice for businesses. KAM provides an essential link for co-operation, dialogue and understanding with the Government by representing the views and concerns of its members to the relevant authorities. In pursuit of its core mandate of policy advocacy, KAM promotes trade and investment, upholds standards, encourages the formulation, enactment and administration of sound policies that facilitate a competitive business environment and reduce the cost of doing business.
In 2009, KAM unveiled a new corporate image as it observed 50 years since its establishment.
About the Role.
Intern – HR & Administration
This is a six month’s Internship position under the HR & Administration function at KAM.
Internship Purpose: To enable the intern gain on-the-job HR and administration skills while supporting the HR team in delivering administrative and HR services at KAM.
Reporting to the HR & Administration Manager at KAM, the HR Intern will be responsible for;
- Support generation of routine reports especially on implementation and tracking of HR practices – Training, policy compliance, staff facilitation etc;
- Assist the HR function in basic recruitment processes and related desk work;
- Support the HRM in employees inductions for effective staff placement;
- Support in maintenance of employee information by entering and updating employment and status-changes database as may be assigned;
- Support in coordinating staff engagement / motivation initiatives and welfare activities;
- Assist in maintenance of the HR basic filing system as may be assigned;
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing HR and Administration results as required;
- Perform other HR support tasks as may be assigned by supervisor or CEO from time to time.
(NOTE: Not sure where to get started on your cover letter? Check our NEWLY UPDATED cover letter template for NGOs for FREE! You can copy and paste this proven sample to create a lasting impression and get invited to the interview right away. Get it here.)
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or a degree in related field with a Diploma in HR Management;
- Knowledge of HR administration processes is critical;
- Good communication skills, outgoing personality and good reporting skills;
- Person of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Fast to understand concepts with keen attention to detail and willingness to learn;
- Ability to multi-task and get things done to a good conclusion;
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
Required education: Bachelor’s degree
Required relevant work experience: 6 months
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file – the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself Education certificate – the official certificate for your highest education
(NOTE:Are you feeling stuck in your career? Get FREE career and professional consultation, coaching and mentoring.Join us for the FREE Professional Development Training.We have limited space. Book your spot here.)