Become a Certified Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
Looking for an IT job? Apply here for the latest ICT jobs in Kenya today at Transparency International, Lake Basin Development, Co-operative Bank etc.
Internet Banking Kenya Jobs Co-operative Bank
As a customer-centric financial institution, we strongly believe in providing highly personalised services to deliver that personal touch. To better serve our customers, we are on the lookout for highly motivated and results-oriented individuals who demonstrate initiative, good interpersonal and communications skills and most importantly, commitment in providing quality customer service to join our E-Channels and E-Commerce Team.
Reporting to the Head – E-Channels and E-Commerce, the role holder will be responsible for internet banking propositions and will lead the ideation, conceptualization, management and enhancement of internet banking strategy, programs, initiatives, research and projects.
- Lead in new product development and implementation i.e. the conceptualization of new ideas, researching, and evaluating them objectively from a market and financial standpoint.
- Manage the entire development process from conceptualization, design, delivery, launch and return on investment.
- Promote product awareness via appropriate internal training and marketing as well as ensuring overall attainment of all cash management sales target.
- Regularly review and monitor the sale of Internet Banking to current and prospective customers of the Bank in order to generate maximum income and return on investment.
- Develop all customer wireframes and user cases, ensure optimal level of customer services, analyze all customer requirements, monitor all requests, and manage all defects in products for all monthly releases.
- Administer and approve all final new product delivery and recommend improvements to all products and prepare all business requirements documents and ensure compliance to all product schedule and coordinate with departments to provide an effective interface.
- Collaborate with information technology and business units to deliver all releases, prepare work schedule for all projects, and provide support to all strategies to achieve all marketing strategies.
- Effectively determine Internet Banking strategy and pricing to expand market share.
- Effectively segment the target market, gather market intelligence and identify opportunities for the bank to position Internet Banking in the market.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business or Information technology related degree with at least 5 in business management/product development & management/ system analysis in the financial sector.
- Experience in regional delivery, with extensive knowledge in Internet Banking.
- Excellent knowledge of operational and systems user requirements for financial products.
- Commercial awareness to understand and apply commercial and financial principles to business thinking.
- Sound understanding of marketing principles, ideally backed with suitable experience.
- Knowledge and effective application of all relevant banking strategies, policies, processes, procedures, guidelines and project management methodology and to consistently achieve required compliance standards or benchmarks.
How to Apply
If you fit the profile, then apply today! Please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com indicating the job reference number PMI/CIBD/2018 by 3rd October, 2018.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
ICT Internships Sacco Societies Regulatory Authority
(Two Positions: One Intern, One Industrial Attachee)
The Sacco Societies Regulatory Authority (SASRA) is a Financial Regulatory body established under the Sacco Societies Act, 2008 to license, Regulate and Supervise Deposit Taking Saccos in Kenya.
SASRA wishes to invite applications from suitable candidates to fill in internship and industrial attachment positions in its various departments as listed below.
- Assist in user support to Authority staff in backing up and restoring their files;
- Assist in virus detection, removal and prevention;
- Assist in software distribution updates, scripting and testing
- Assist in administration, operation and technical support;
- Assist in performance of tasks related to scheduled service requests, including equipment replacement;
- Have completed a degree, diploma, or a certificate in ICT; and
- Be pursuing a degree, diploma, or a certificate in ICT related course.
(NOTE: Not sure where to get started on your cover letter? Check our NEWLY UPDATED cover letter template for NGOs for FREE! You can copy and paste this proven sample to create a lasting impression and get invited to the interview right away. Get it here.)
How to Apply
Applications in sealed envelopes to reach us not later than 3rd October, 2018 clearly indicating the position applied for should be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Sacco Societies Regulatory Authority (SASRA)
UAP Old Mutual Tower, 19th Floor
P.O BOX 25089-00100
Or hand delivered to our offices on 19th floor
Interested applicants are requested to submit an application letter clearly indicating the position they are applying for, a detailed resume and a letter from the training institution for applicants applying for industrial attachment. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The Authority shall only contact the shortlisted applicants for interviews.
To download this file for offline reference, visit the Job Vacancies link on our Resources Menu
Applicants who have been certified in their respective fields of study will only be considered for internship positions. Industrial attachment will apply to continuing students whose academic programmes require industrial attachment as a prerequisite for certification
ICT Project Assistant Kenya Jobs Transparency International
Job Purpose: TI-Kenya seeks to recruit an ICT Project Assistant in the Public Accountability Programme based at the Head office to strengthen the operations of the office.
The ICT Project Assistant will be responsible for designing, developing, improving and maintaining the ICT solutions to ensure seamless functionalities.
These will include:
Managing digital media support on the programme; software development initiatives by developing the front and backend of revolutionary cross platform solutions to support anti-corruption initiatives.
He/ She will be expected to continually ensure the day-to-day effectiveness of the programme delivery, noting and reporting on any areas where improvements are necessary, support implementation of activities and general internal ICT support.
Duties and Responsibilities
With the guidance of the Programme Officer- Service Delivery, the ICT Project Assistant will perform the below tasks:
1. Program implementation planning:
- Prepare and submit to the Program Officer monthly activity work plans;
2. Software development & maintenance
- Design and develop interactive web and mobile based platforms for the project activities. This includes management of the Action for Transparency (A4T) Website, A4T mobile Application and other TI-Kenya ICT platforms.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose system errors and implement solutions. For complex matters, liaise with specialists for problem resolution.
- Monitor hardware utilization and performance on an ongoing basis and identify ICT procurement needs under the Public Accountability Programme.
- Development of a back-up system for the project.
- Assist in scheduling and implementation of quarterly software and hardware maintenance and review of the project’s ICT needs
- Implement approved system security procedures, maintain and update existing network configuration records, provide access to authorized users and conduct periodic tests to confirm compliance
3. Program implementation
- Implement core project and cross cutting activities as per the programme work plans;
- Work with the Public Accountability project team to ensure regular research, development, updating and management of content for media and online engagement;
- Ensure regular and complete activity-based project reports;
- Identify areas of inter-programme synergy and partnerships to maximise on impact;
- Respect the needs and cultural sensitivities of the communities with whom TI-Kenya works; and continually look for ways to make TI-Kenya’s interactions with communities more successful;
- Contribute to the development, roll-out and maintenance of ICT initiatives and innovation across TI-Kenya projects and promote learning within the institution and among partners
4. Monitoring and evaluation:
- Identify project beneficiaries and as needed, collect evidence of project impact from the various mobile and web-based platforms on the Public Accountability programme.;
- Make continuous informal observations of TI-Kenya project delivery, noting and reporting any potential problems, notable successes and suggestions for improvements.
- Prepare monthly project activity reports including analytics and performance of the online platforms.
5. Resource Mobilisation/Budget Management and Reporting
- Support TI-Kenya in conceptualizing sound projects and mobilizing resources to implement them.
- Support the management of activity budgets and ensure proper returns; ensuring compliance with all donor and TI-Kenya policies and regulations;
- Ensure timely adherence to organizational and donor reporting requirements.
- Contribute to team effort by performing tasks assigned by supervisor from time to time.
- Minimum of a degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related courses from a recognized and accredited tertiary institution.
- At least 1 year of experience with hands-on front- and backend development.
- You have in-depth knowledge of LAMP, Zend framework, jQuery Mobile and Cordova PhoneGap, knowledge of additional languages and frameworks is a plus.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English and Kiswahili fluently
- A person of high integrity that will model TI-Kenya’s core values.
- You love coding, and you’re awesome at it.
- Good communication and inter-personal skills
- Computer literacy. Working with databases is a basic requirement
- Demonstrable presence, skills and passion in using social media platforms
- A good team player
- Creativity and innovation
- Ability to work under pressure
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit one PDF document as an attachment (combining the application letter and CV with at least three professional referees) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business, 5th October 2018.
Please include the reference ICT Project Assistant – Public Accountability as the subject of your email applications.
Do not attach your testimonials or certificates.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Disclaimer: Please note that TI-Kenya does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process and we do not recruit through recruitment agents
ICT Manager Jobs Kenya Lake Basin Development
Lake Basin Development Authority is a Regional Development Authority established by an Act of Parliament Cap 442 of the laws of Kenya and is mandated to spearhead Development within the Lake Victoria Basin and its catchment regions, with a view of fostering integrated sustainable economic development and empowering the communities of the Region.
ICT Manager Job Responsibilities
The position reports to the Managing Director through the Chief Manager, Planning and Strategy in performing the following duties
- Maintain and update the Management Information System (MIS) for the collection, analysis and dissemination of data within the Authority.
- Establish a Wide Area Network (WAN) to increase network accessibility and capacity to all staff.
- Maintain and revise the ICT and Security Policy Manual to govern how the Authority’s technology will be utilized in line with the changing technological environment and legal framework.
- Design and update an interactive web database from information gathered from departments & implement E-commerce solutions.
- Advise on appropriate technology and infrastructure to support the Authority in achieving its strategic objectives.
- Prepare ICT annual budgets, monitor and control expenditure.
- Continually update and administer antivirus, firewall and VPN infrastructure to ensure that all systems are secure and comply with data protection requirements.
- Responsible for achievement of set performance targets.
Qualifications for the ICT Manager Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Master’s degree in the relevant field will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years relevant experience in senior management position.
- Good managerial, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Trouble shooting, analytical and problem solving skills
- Meets requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
How to Apply
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with responsibility of the job and the experience of the individual will be negotiated with the successful candidate
Interested candidates should submit their applications with detailed curriculum vitae and photocopies of all testimonials stating current
position, current remuneration, contact telephone numbers, names and addresses of three (3) professional referees to reach us on or before 5th October 2018.
Applicants must also submit clearance certificates from the following:
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- National Police Service
- Credit Reference Bureau
Submit your application in a sealed envelope with the respective Job Reference Number clearly marked to:
The Managing Director
Lake Basin Development Authority
P.O. Box 1516-40100
Soft copies should be sent by email to email@example.com
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Lake Basin Development Authority is an equal opportunity employer
Digital Banking Officers Jobs Kenya Prime Bank
Prime Bank Limited is one of the leading private banks in Kenya with 25 years experience in
delivering flexible, efficient and personalized financial services.
We are currently seeking to strengthen our IT Department with highly motivated, enthusiastic and detail oriented professionals in the following function:
- Technical skills to effectively and consistently perform ICT support tasks for high quality service provision.
- Demonstrated track record in complete systems analysis cycle/IT Security/relational database design skills.
- Ability to multi-task, time management skill, prudent prioritization and effective structuring of work assignments.
- Self-empowerment to enable development of open communication, teamwork and trust that are needed to support true performance and customer-service oriented culture.
- Team player with Interpersonal skills and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Highly analytical in problem solving with the ability to apply original and innovative thinking.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Higher Diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- 3-10 Years in IT Project Management/Digital Banking/IT Security/IT Support /DBA/ System Administration.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an IT service support, systems analyst, DBA or Project Management/Core Banking Support. Atleast one or more IT certifications in ITIL, Microsoft, UNIX/LINUX or Oracle will be an added advantage.
- Good understanding of the financial services and how IT contributes to the success of the financial institutions.
- Sound knowledge of Information technology and related support architectures.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can forward their applications enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org , indicating job reference number by 6th October 2018.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prime Bank Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Kenya (CBK)
More Jobs Click Here