Become a Certified Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
Indirect Trade Manager
Scope of Responsibility:
The Indirect Trade Manager is responsible for interpreting the corporate guidelines for the indirect go-to-market strategy development, guidelines for service levels and 5-P execution.Ensures clear strategy to balance margin gain across the demand chain by implementation of appropriate go-to-market strategy and pricing flow among different service providers (wholesalers and distributors).The Indirect Trade Manager is responsible for sales, profitability and market share results for the country’s overall indirect trade channel and is directly responsible for numerical and weighted distribution and out-of-stocks. The Manager Indirect plays a key role by:
Go to Market Strategy & Organization Alignment
- Setting the priorities for the indirect channel, to reflect the go-to-market strategy of the subsidiary.
- Interpreting & communicating corporate strategies and guidelines to the Indirect organisation.
- Working cross-functionally to lead indirect trade processes and ensure alignment with initiatives from Colgate and trends from the retail environment.
- Exploring & defining indirect trade customer needs, relating them with shopper behaviors, and aligning the go-to-market strategy accordingly
- Implement strategies that are consistent with the broader organisational vision. Ensure that the strategies take into account a broad range of internal factors such as which brands, which categories, and what geographies. Also recognise differing external factors such as suppliers/vendors, distributor capacities, customers; competition, economic environment, etc. will impact implementation.
- Developing and supporting Colgate internal structure to manage proactively and efficiently our indirect trade.
- Making the resource allocation to support the implementation of the indirect trade go-to-market strategy.
- Ensuring the indirect trade management team clearly understands and is executing sales strategies, priorities, programs and guidelines.
- Anticipating channel and customer direction and future needs.
- Periodically re-evaluating the “go to market” strategy to determine achievement of efficiencies, competitiveness and growth-building objectives.
- Working with the channel development / customer marketing to develop and implement programs for the specific retail environment
Business Planning & Negotiation
- Translating sales strategies into specific operational sales objectives (e.g., pricing, distribution, and share of shelf, volume, profitability, and market share) and other key performance indicators (KPI’s). These include gross to net, margin, forecast accuracy, account inventory levels, days sales outstanding, out of stocks, and promotional performance.
- Developing accounts plans that balance the needs and objectives of the customer and Colgate.
- Building and managing relationships between Colgate and key players in the customer, industry, and market.
- Fostering the development of indirect channel and customer expertise in order to present compelling arguments to distributors and wholesalers in support of CP products & plans.
- Maintaining transparent/fair, guidelines for performance-based terms & conditions and consistent discretional investment across channels and customers
- Monitoring sales performance, gross to net, and working capital and taking action to improve performance
- Simplifying and standardizing processes to reduce cost and improve customer service
Building Organization Capability
- Building a world-class indirect trade sales organization, by ensuring right people in the right jobs.
- Leading the development of people and the organization through effective implementation of the performance management system, including individual objective setting, coaching and feedback, performance appraisal, as well as Individual Development Planning (IDP’s), training & development activities, and recruiting and succession planning.
- Benchmarking the Colgate indirect trade sales organization and our business partners versus competition to assure competitiveness in compensation, competency profile, and the right organizational structure.
- Leading and developing a strong field management team and a motivating work environment.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required. Undergraduate coursework in Business and/or a Masters in Business Administration is desirable.
- A track record of performance as measured by sales and SOM growth, with at least 4 years of increasing marketing/sales responsibility, preferably with a FMCG
- Fluent English
- A proven demonstration of the skill set as detailed in the below competencies
- Business experience in business unit management, sales and customer development
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply through the following link