Become a Certified Project Management Specialist
KCA University is a dynamic private business university committed to quality service, student success, and academic excellence. The University seeks to recruit competent, qualified and suitable candidates to fill the following position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct regular internal control assessments of the University’s Information Systems and ICT Infrastructure;
- Contribute to the development of the annual risk based audit plan and execute audit assignments as per the approved audit work plan;
- Perform audits of information systems controls including data integrity, backup and disaster recovery, data centre procedures, data communication and access controls, database administration and end user control;
- Conduct applications systems audits i.e. Microsoft Dynamics Navision and other business systems to determine the completeness and accuracy of transactions that have already been processed and the internal controls therein;
- Conduct follow up of reviews to ensure implementation of recommendations by the University Council, Audit Risk and Compliance Committee, and External Auditors;
- Assist in IT and other fraud investigations;
- Undertake consulting, investigations, governance and risk management assignments as necessary;
- Preparation of audit reports for effective communication and recommendations to management;
- Ensure quality assurance to all audit work assigned including working papers as per the standards as well as support the audit findings, recommendations and conclusions;
- Carry out other responsibilities as may be required by the Head of Internal Audit, Audit Committee or Management.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Commerce, Business Information Technology or related area from a recognized university;
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA);
- Certified Public Accountant Part 2;
- Proficiency in the use of Computer Aided Audit Techniques;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite Application (e.g. MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Proficiency in Auditing Principles and Techniques;
- Knowledge in Risk Management Principles and Techniques;
- At least four (4) years working experience of which at least 2 years should be in performing Information Systems Audits.
Other Skills and Competencies
- Analytical skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Sound leadership and management skills
- Self-driven and able to work within tight deadlines.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit an application letter indicating current and desired salary, a detailed CV and three references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 13th September 2019