Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
International Export Finance Executive & Senior Project Finance Officer
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and share market knowledge. You will be UKEF’s Lead in Kenya. You will need to assess the viability of projects, regularly deal with novel situations and balancing competing priorities in order to build market share. The organisation will look to you when assessing country and project risk, including writing reports and updates on this to underwriters.
- Build awareness of UKEF support capabilities. Across the region you willset the framework for what UKEF can deliver and embed the vision, skills and understanding within junior staff in order to deliver through them. Raise the profile of UKEF through engagement with the business community, represent the UK Government at project finance events in Kenya, and give clear, instructive guidance on UK tools, generate new leads and ensure maximum visibility of the UK finance offer. Confident public speaking and networking will be important.
- Achieve commercial outcomes. You will be primarily client facing, meeting project teams, discussing their eligibility and suitability for UK backed financing instruments, and working on behalf of UKEF and other institutions to take projects through process of internal review before funds are deployed. You will have a target, to be set with your line manager on the number of projects and value of financing you can secure. You will need to plan and monitor in order to ensure targets are met
- Manage relationships with key institutions. You will lead network of financial institutions in Kenya, including banks, export credit agencies and donor backed organisations like GuarantCo and InfraCo and multilateral development banks. This will involve delivering through and with others both within HMG and DIT more broadly.
- Promote UK standards and industry best practice. You will help projects in an array of sectors be procured in a manner that meets UK standards, for example advising them to go through competitive tendering, and be defensible according to the OECD’s Sustainable Lending Criteria.
- Be a one stop shop – guide and support stakeholders through the UK and non-UK finance offer in order to drive forward economic growth in the respective country e.g. multilateral development banks. You will need to balance competing priorities and apply creative thinking in order to achieve the best outcomes.
- Support financing for the sustainable development goals – You will lead on supporting SDGs for DIT Africa to ensure that inclusive growth and sustainable development goals are supported, which hinge on countries’ ability to scale up spending in important areas like health, education and infrastructure
Qualifications, Skills, Experience
- Given this is a new function, you will be breaking new ground. You will need to be a self-starter who can seize the initiative and lay out a strategy for achieving the objectives laid out in the job description.
- Proven experience of leading structured finance / trade finance operations
- Current and relevant commercial management skills, well versed in contracting and finance oversight.
- A proven track record in modern international trade practice. Immersive cross-cultural expertise and business knowledge of the relevant market
- Proven competence in leading strategy development and business planning
- Proven experience within the local business community and knowledge of associated trends
- Knowledge of, and a keen interest in, sustainable development (additional training will be given)
- Competent in Microsoft Office applications
- Proven advisory and negotiation skills at senior levels –able to express ideas and messages clearly and concisely, both orally and in written communication.
- Excellent drafting skills in English, and absolute fluency of written and spoken English is a prerequisite.
- Postgraduate degree and/or undergraduate degree and other professional qualification.
- At least eight years professional experience.
- Management experience of autonomous operations in a sector servicing exporters in financial and credit risk products; or in a relevant role in an exporting business.
- Client facing experience, for example with a professional services business. (managing businesses, understanding issues and pursuing strategies together)
- Knowledge of UKEF’s credit risk policy and business environment.
- Detailed knowledge of the regulatory macroeconomic and political situation in the relevant markets.
How to apply
Interested candidates should apply through this link
Dont Miss The Latest Jobs Advertised Today. CLICK HERE to register for FREE