Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
Internships at Medtronic
Commercial Intern- Cardiac and Vascular Group(Ghana)
- 1St Degree from any recognized university Diploma or Degree in the Nursing, Pharmacy, Biochemistry or other Science field
- At least one year of work experience in a multinational organization
- Strong operational and administrative skills
- Strong computational skills, ability to work to targets, results orientated, deadline driven
- Sound overall business knowledge and understanding
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in MS Office suite
- Presentation skills
- Previous project management experience
- Degree (or equivalent qualification)
- Driving license required.
- Experience using tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet search engines
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work remotely, with limited supervision
Skills and Competencies
- Customer Focus:Is dedicated to exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Business Acumen:Knows how business works. Knowledgeable in current and future practices and trends and information affecting the medical devices business. Is aware of the competition and how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace. Can identify business and commercialization opportunities and can sell.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully. Steadfastly pushes self and others for results Able to communicate and drive the team to achieve goals.
- Problem Solving:Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. Is excellent at honest analysis. Looks beyond the obvious and does not stop at the first answers.
- Technical Learning: Naturally inquisitive with all things technical and seeks out technical challenges and comes to solid fixes. Seeks out opportunity to learn and develop.
- Planning and priority setting:Sets objectives and goals. Develops meticulous schedules and constantly reviews as other priorities arrive. Anticipates and adjusts from market issues. Is not afraid to escalate to get resolution of roadblock. Identifies the critical few for self and others easily.
- Decision Making: Gather information, evaluate and act, make critical decisions effectively, often without full information. Review and update as required to ensure business performance continuity and customer focus
- Innovation: Constantly update knowledge of business, competitors and technology to identify opportunities to improve the value of the Medtronic customer experience. Implement changes effectively and measure affects
- Action Orientated: Focused, is action orientated and full of energy for the things that he or she sees as a challenge. Not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning. Has the confidence to act. Gets on and seizes opportunity.
- Time Management (includes Priority Setting / Delegation): Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Conflict Management: Manage conflict in a positive manner by reading situations quickly, exercises focused listening and resolves issues quickly and fairly through co-operation.
- Communication:Ability to communicate effectively, show empathy. Strong listening skills and be able to manage difficult conversations.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position.
The physical demands described within the Day in the Life section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.