Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
Position: Communication Officer – Multimedia Engagement
Amref Health Africa is the largest international health development organization based in Africa. Working with and through African communities, health systems and governments, Amref Health Africa’s vision is for lasting health change in Africa and is committed to improving the health of people in Africa by partnering with and empowering communities, and strengthening health systems. With headquarters in Kenya, Amref Health Africa has offices in Ethiopia, Uganda, South Sudan, Kenya, Tanzania, Southern Africa and West Africa providing services to over 30 countries. Employing over 700 staff and with an annual operating
budget of approximately $90 million, Amref Health Africa is a knowledge resource for donors and partners.
We are looking to hire a dedicated Communication Officer- Multimedia Engagement with technical skills in web development (backend), Adobe Premier, Photoshop Final Cut Pro X who will be responsible for the technical and content messaging on Amref various multimedia platforms to support and enhance our external brand visibility.
(NOTE: Would you like to know the BIGGEST CV mistake you can make? Find out plus the Top 8 Ways To Make Your CV Stand Out.)
This role is responsible for producing multimedia content in various formats, including, but not limited to infographics, webcasts, online photo galleries and podcasts among others ensuring the distribution of targeted, high-quality content for the website and social media platforms including leading the regular update of the organisations intranet. The role is also tasked with maintaining both the front end and back end content features of the global social media platforms and supporting other country social media channels.
- Produce multimedia content in various formats, including, but not limited to infographics, edited videos, online photo galleries, webcasts, and podcasts among others.
- Collate, collect and edit agreed content for Amref Health Africa multimedia content as per specific curation guidelines and plans for global, country and programme multimedia content.
- Develop a comprehensive multimedia strategy with an articulate messaging framework that amplifies the organisations strategic imperatives across various diverse platforms.
- Maintain consistent style and voice across all traditional and online materials and communication channels.
- Work with external partners and key internal colleagues in the communications and programmatic teams to maximize reach and impact of the Amref Health Africa projects and initiatives via multimedia platforms
- Utilize multimedia products for greater engagement of online audiences through proactively identifying and pursuing story ideas for multimedia platforms.
- Work closely with the global social media working group to manage online editorial calendar and to ensure the production of targeted, high-quality content for the website and social media platforms.
- Employ search engine optimization to improve the organisations online presence and make recommendations on best practices for web writing and editing.
- In close collaborations with the communications visuals team, manage video post-production, scripting, webcasts and podcasts.
- Ensure principles of confidentiality and data protection law are maintained across various multimedia platforms.
- Ensure that all published multimedia content is delivered to high standards as per branding guidelines, within budget and is in compliance with the agreed curation guidelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ relevant experience in a communications role.
- Knowledge and proficiency in design and desktop publishing software (Adobe Premier, Photoshop InDesign/Photoshop).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems, and social media platforms.
- Knowledge in scripting frameworks such as jquery
- Basic knowledge of PHP or similar server-side scripting language.
- Ability to work on the backend of a CMS such as WordPress.
- Experienced with Microsoft Excel, Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, Final Cut Pro X and 7
- Impeccable writing and editing skills, with working knowledge of Associated Press style
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media and online analytics.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills
How to apply:
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a Cover letter in PDF specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements, your motivation in applying and what you hope to bring to Amref Health Africa (2 pages max) and an updated CV in PDF (3 pages max) with subject line: REF: Amref/Comms Officer ME/ 11- 02 to email@example.com by Friday 6th December 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
(NOTE: Not sure where to get started on your cover letter? Check our NEWLY UPDATED cover letter template for NGOs for FREE! You can copy and paste this proven sample to create a lasting impression and get invited to the interview right away. Get it here.)
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process.
Amref Health Africa is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Amref is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.