Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
Village HopeCore International is a poverty eradication and disease prevention non-governmental organization based in Chogoria, Kenya. The Public Health Department at HopeCore is a dynamic, fast-paced environment currently implementing a variety of health programs throughout Maara Sub-County.
Village HopeCore is seeking to hire highly motivated and talented candidates to join our team of public health in the organization:
Main Purpose of the job
The Laboratory Technologists will responsible for preparing documentation, processing patient’s samples, ensuring timely dispatch of results and maintain records as per the Village HopeCore laboratory policy.
Duties and Responsibilities
This is the entry and training grade for Diploma holders. An officer at this level will work under the supervision and guidance of the public health clinical coordinator.
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail –
- Decontaminating working benches
- Receiving and scrutinizing laboratory requisition forms and specimens
- Preparing clients for collection of specimens
- Receiving, collecting, labelling and registering of specimens
- Disaggregating specimens for processing and analyses
- Preparing reagents
- Examining specimen
- Writing and recording of results
- Dispatching the results for use in clinical management
- Preparing stains
- Performing blood group grouping
- Issuing blood and blood products to peripheral health facilities
- Storing blood products according to their requirements
- Ensuring safe waste disposal strategies that comply with environmental laws and regulations
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade a candidate must have;
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences or any other equivalent qualification from an institution recognized by the Kenya Medical Laboratory and Technologists Board.
- Registration Certificate Issued by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board (KMLTTB)
- Valid practicing license from Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board.
- Certificate in Computer application skills from a recognized institution.
- Satisfy the requirement of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send application attaching all the relevant testimonials and resume to email@example.com not later than 25th march 2019.