We Are Hiring!!
Submit CV Here
Job Openings at National Gender And Equality Commission
The National Gender and Equality Commission (NGEC) is a Constitutional Commission established by the National Gender and Equality Commission Act, 2011.The key functions of the Commission include promotion of gender equality and freedom from discrimination in accordance with Article 27 of the
Director Programmes And Research
Reporting to the Commission Secretary, the Director Programmes and Research will be responsible for coordinating all the Programmes and Research functions of the Commission.
- Provide leadership in design and coordination of the Commission’s programmatic work for all program departments including developing relevant policies, guidelines and systems
- development of affirmative action implementation policies to facilitate mainstreaming of issues on gender and women, disability and the elderly, youth and children, marginalised and minorities in all public and private institutions;
- Development and implementation of policies, procedures and systems to guide investigations into complaints and research on emerging issues within the special interest groups;
- Formulating, reviewing and developing the Commission’s legal policies, contracts, Memorandum of Understanding (MOUs) and all other legal documents;
- Monitoring the integration of the principles of gender equality and freedom from discrimination in all national and county policies, laws, and administrative regulations in all public and private institutions;
- Establishment of linkages and coordination with key stakeholders and partners;
- Working with other relevant institutions in the development of standards for the implementation of policies for the progressive realization of the economic and social rights;
- Coordination of preparation periodic reports on the status of implementation of the various programmes of the Commission;
- Coordination of preparation of periodic reports for national, regional and international reporting on progress in the realization of equality and freedom from discrimination for interest groups.
- Coordination of preparation, implementation and evaluation of the Commission’s Programmes work plan.
For appointment in this grade, an applicant must have;
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Gender Studies, Business/Public administration, Law, or any other relevant and comparable qualification from a recognized institution;
- A Master’s Degree in any of the following fields; program/project management, gender studies, development studies, business/public administration, law or any other comparable qualification from a recognized institution;
- At least 10 years proven relevant experience five (5) of which must be at senior management level;
- Demonstrable experience/skills in research, project planning and management, monitoring and evaluation, and report writing
- Demonstrate excellent understanding of the Commission’s mandate that include working with special interest groups including minorities and marginalized groups, women, youth, older members of society, persons with disability and children.
- Excellent managerial capability
- Demonstrable professional competence shown through membership to a professional association/body
- Demonstrable capacity to mobilize and manage grants
- Good understanding of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and NGEC Act 2011;
- Meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Kenya Constitution 2010.
Senior Internal Auditor
The officer will be reporting to the Commission and to the Commission Secretary/CEO administratively, the officer will be responsible for overseeing compliance and management of risks at the Commission.
- Provide secretarial services to the audit committee;
- Prepare risk based annual internal audit work plan for approval by Audit Committee of the Commission;
- Prepare quarterly reports on the status of implementation of the internal audit annual work plan for submission to the Audit Committee;
- Formulate and implement internal audit policies and procedures;
- Plan and review audit services provided to the Commission;
- Coordinate external audit process;
- Produce proactive and timely internal audit reports;
- Undertake risk assessment in the Commission;
- Supervise the preparation of audit programmes;
- Conduct scheduled special and adhoc audits in the Commission;
- Facilitate storage and retrieval of audit reports;
- Check, review, and evaluate the internal control systems at all levels of the Commission; and
- Ensure that the Commission’s assets are efficiently utilized and safeguarded.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have: –
- Served in the grade of Internal Auditor I or in a relevant and comparable position in the public service for a minimum of five (5) years
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Finance/Accounting option, Bachelor of Business Administration Finance/Accounting option or any other relevant and equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA K), or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- A member of ICPAK or Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- Thorough understanding Public Finance regulations, Integrated Financial Management Information system (IFMIS), Procurement Procedures and Regulation.
- Knowledge in use of computer applications
- Demonstrated professional competence and administrative ability as shown in work performance and results.
Method of Application
Interested candidates who meet the requirements may submit their applications together with :
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae;
- A copy of the National Identity Card;
- Certified copies of Academic Certificates, Transcripts and any other relevant support documents;
- Clearance from:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI) ;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC);
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB); and
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
All applicants should attach a copy of their letter of appointment to their substantive position showing current post and salary;
Applicants should submit three (3) names of referees one of which must be the current employer and their mobile and e-mail contacts.
The Commission is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with Disability, Youth, People from Minority groups and Marginalized communities who meet the requirements of the advertised job are encouraged to apply.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted
It is a criminal offence for any applicant to provide false information and documents in the job application
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
A candidate who applies online must scan and attach all the required documents.
All applications should be addressed to:
The Commission Secretary
National Gender and Equality Commission
Solution Tech Building, Longonot Road, Upper Hill
P O Box 27512-00506
The applications may be sent by email to: email@example.com
Posted OR Hand delivered so as to reach the Commission on or before 24th December 2018 before 5.00pm