Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
We are a leading independent professional services company specialising in programme management, project management, cost and commercial management and advisory across the real estate, infrastructure and natural resources sectors. With 108 offices in 46 countries, we draw on our extensive global and industry experience to manage risk while maximising value and performance during the construction and operation of our clients’ assets.
MEP Site Engineer
The Position holder, MEP Site Engineer will supervise and coordinate the work of internal and external resources and equipment technical specialists during on-site installation/construction activities related to MEP works to assure cost-effective execution of project deliverables in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards, schedule, and safety requirements
Your Main Responsibilities Will Include
- Accountable for timely execution of MEP site activities as per the approved drawing, client specification & Local authorities.
- Supervise MEP contractors at site & ensure the proper quality of work being executed.
- Supervise all the MEP installation, testing, FAT & commissioning activities.
- Planning the work at site & efficiently coordinate between contactors to meet the target dates.
- Follow up with the contractors for material delivery at site in a timely manner.
- Problem solving as may arise at site.
- Liaise with the project team & coordinate the MEP works with other electrical & civil activities.
- Liaise with the client / consultant for all the MEP site activities.
- Maintain site record for the RFC drawing, Site notes, client inspection & snags.
- Verify the material quantity take off.
- Follow up clearing the client / Consultant comments & snags.
- Attend meetings with client / consultant & follow up the agreed actions on time.
- Coordinate & review the builders work drawing with the MEP contractors.
- Ensure & check the MEP civil requirement are provided at site in the proper time to avoid re-work.
- Arrange and chair Co-ordination Meetings with all Subcontractors involved in the works in conjunction with the Project Management team on a biweekly basis and more frequently if required.
- Monitor the progress at site & ensure any possible delays are dealt in timely manner.
- Follow up Clearing of the snags & punch list commented by the client before the project completion.
- Ensure that contractors adheres to our HSE policy & local regulation.
- Prepare method statement for site activities.
- Obtain the client approval as MEP engineer & issue the required work permits.
- Attend all the fault defects that may arise in the warranty period.
- Prepare the red mark up, as built, & O & M manuals.
- Assist in reviewing the design drawing & material submittal.
- Follow up with the Client / consultant for the documents approval.
- Establish proper interpersonal relation with entire Project team and bear responsibility in fostering team
Ideally you should have bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualifications in Mechanical Engineering/Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 5-8 years’ of work experience on similar projects.
- Experience with Projects of different size, complexity and contractual types.
- Understanding MEP design and constructions subcontract’s Terms and Conditions
- People Related Skills
- Result Oriented
- Strong leadership/interpersonal skills
- Positive Attitude and Common Sense
- Good sense of Customer needs
- Good sense of Customer needs / Good Customer relations
- Presentation and communication skills
- Computer literate and well conversant with project scheduling
- Problem solving skills
Senior Cost Manager
To perform the role of the Commission Manager, taking responsibility for end to end service delivery, often with respect to large or complex commissions. To act as the key, day to day client interface, ensuring that client objectives are met through the delivery of a value added cost management service.
- Commission Management, To Include
- Conducting feasibility studies and writing procurement reports
- Applying Value Management techniques at the outset of a project where appropriate or applicable, and where necessary involving Senior Management
- Managing and taking ownership of estimating and cost planning activities to include presentation to the client
- Managing and taking ownership of the procurement process, ensuring that all stages including pre-qualification, enquiry, Bills of Quantities, analysis, selection and contract preparation are performed effectively
- Ensuring that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are managed effectively
- Ensuring that cost checking and valuation work is managed effectively
- Ensuring the production of monthly post-contract cost reports and presenting them to the client
- Value engineering, risk management and life cycle costing where applicable
- Ensuring that final accounts are negotiated and agreed
- Taking a lead role in interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
- Where appropriate, leading a cost management team, ensuring that they deliver on all of the above accountabilities
- Ensuring that QA/QC procedures are adhered to at all times
- Marketing And Business Development, To Include
- Taking responsibility for developing new business opportunities with existing and new Turner & Townsend clients
- Identifying and acting upon cross-selling opportunities
- Working with Associate Directors and Directors to construct bids for new work
- Attending networking functions as required
- Identifying and acting upon opportunities to improve cost management procedures, templates and products and hence improve the service provided to clients
- Understanding the Turner & Townsend cost management philosophy and identifying and acting upon cross-divisional opportunities
- Internal Management Accountabilities, To Include
- Staff management (where appropriate) – Inputting into the formal management of a Cost Manager or small cost management team, to include 1st round recruitment interviews, input into resource management and attendance at junior staff appraisals
- Knowledge management – Ensuring that key information and learning generated from each commission is input into the Turner & Townsend internal database and Best Practice library
- Financial management – Utilising the Turner & Townsend FMS in order to keep track of the ongoing margin levels and monthly fee/resource forecasts for each commission
- Process improvement – Identifying and acting upon ways to improve internal systems and processes
- Training and Mentoring – Identifying and proposing training requirements for Cost Managers, Assistant Cost Managers and mentoring staff as required
- Relevant tertiary qualification i.e., Bachelor’s degree in Quantity Surveying obtained from a recognized institution
- Must have a professional Quantity Surveyor qualification (BORAQS)
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in the relevant sector
- Strong analytical ability with good communication skills
- Strong business development skills
- Proficient in the use of WinQS and or CostX quantity surveying softwares.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.