Become a Certified Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
Position: Primary Years Programme Teaching Assistants
The position will play an important role in facilitation of student learning within the Aga Khan Academy Mombasa Primary Years Programme.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with planning of teaching and learning in the assigned classrooms.
- Observe & develop strategies that embrace student inquiry and assist in the differentiation of activities to meet the needs of all students.
- Assist in authentic assessment of students, maintenance of records to track student progress.
- Communicated information sensitively, effectively and honestly to parents and guardians.
- Always Ensure safety and security of each student in the classroom and around school.
- Contribute towards and be an active participant in the extra-curricular programmes, student life; enrichment, student field trips, whole school events and initiatives & residential weekend duties.
- Contribute towards building a student culture of self-regulation and self-efficacy adhering to the values of the academy and the student code of conduct.
- Assist in organization of resources for the PYP programme & maintenance of existing inventory.
- Actively participate in Appraisal for Growth process
(NOTE: Would you like to know the BIGGEST CV mistake you can make? Find out plus the Top 8 Ways To Make Your CV Stand Out.)
- A Bachelor’s degree with teaching qualification.
- Registered with Kenya Teachers Service Commission (TSC)
- Ability to create and maintain an atmosphere of high expectations for teachers and students.
- Experience in a cross-cultural environment.
- Commitment to the co-curricular life and willing to Learn IB Programme
- Bilingual in Kiswahili and English
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications through the link below and upload their cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae, TSC Certificate and names of at least three contactable referees