Admin & Management Jobs
Submit CV Here
Cornerstone Preparatory Academy is a private primary school located at the base of Mt. Longonot along the Trans African Highway. We are currently seeking for the following qualified professional teachers:
The below individuals should be able to deliver quality teaching and learning experiences to learners.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, facilitate, and teach the computer instruction component.
- Prepare and execute lesson plans, assigning tasks, and evaluating student work and progress.
- Develop course syllabus, assess, supervise, and motivate school students.
- Promote safe, effective, and ethical learning environment.
- Install and update computer educational software programs and packages to ensure workability.
- Create, monitor and maintain computer networks/Google drives and other computer systems.
- Create individual Google user accounts for students, teachers and any other staff for educational purposes only.
- Maintain and update students’ and teachers’ educational data in google drives through cloud saving.
- Install, configure and set up computer hardware, software and printers where applicable for educational purposes.
- Use professional discretion and judgment in managing students in classroom setting.
- Any other duties that may be assigned form time to time.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors in IT/Computer Science/Computer Technology.
- Have basic computer knowledge of software, MS Office, and experience in assisting students and adults with program presentation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Person must develop rapport with students in the classroom setting.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Maintain professional demeanor and ethics at all times.
- Experience working as a computer teacher and technician for both software and hardware components.
- Previous experience in providing computing services in a Computer Lab is an additional advantage.
- Set the tone of their classrooms
- Build a warm environment
- Mentor and nurture students
- A role model for the students.
The Duties and Responsibilities of the Facility Technician will include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring our facilities meet health and safety requirements and comply with all legislation;
- Managing buildings, grounds and machinery;
- Directing the procurement and contract management for goods and services needed for various purposes, including for maintenance, construction works or other development aspects for ongoing building projects;
- Managing 24 hour security systems and protocols;
- Managing utilities, communications and IT infrastructure;
- Developing strategic plans to ensure space needs are met effectively;
- Researching trends and solutions in facilities design and management and making recommendations to management to aid decision making;
- Supervising and managing support staff within the department i.e. grounds crew and housekeeping staff;
- Committee participation with periodic reports, evaluation and updates on areas under management;
- Participate in recruitment process for departmental staff;
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
- Grade test I in electrical / plumbing
- Crafts 1,2 or 3 in electrical/plumbing
- Relevant experience in workshop management
- Diploma in electrical or plumbing will be an added advantage
In addition to the above, the candidate should show evidence of the following:
- Ability to prioritize and manage multi-functional tasks.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, and against strict time constraints.
- Must be able to travel to various work-site locations on demand.
- Must be able to effectively communicate (oral and written) with all employees, contractors and vendors.
- Self-starter and team player.
- Must be organized and provide deliverable in support of project plans.
Method of Application
Those who meet the qualifications should send their CV and Cover letter detailing suitability for the job and salary expectation, addressed to the principal: email@example.com and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org