Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and help people to survive, recover, and gain control of their future.
Supply Chain Intern
Requisition ID: req6120
Job Title: Supply Chain Intern
Sector: Supply Chain
(NOTE: Would you like to know the BIGGEST CV mistake you can make? Find out plus the Top 8 Ways To Make Your CV Stand Out.)
Employment Category: Intern
Under the direct supervision of the Supply Chain Assistant (Warehouse) and overall guidance of the Logistics Manager, the Supply Chain Intern will provide clerical and administrative support to the Logistics team at IRC Kenya Country office in Nairobi. S/He will work closely with other supply chain staff, including procurement and administration.
- Support the Logistics team in handling of warehousing, transport and other logistical tasks and documentation
- Update the daily stock tracking sheets and forward to supervisor for approval
- Compile suppliers’ delivery documents for payment and submit to Supervisor for review prior to submitting to Procurement to raise payment requests.
- Support the Drivers to prepare monthly vehicle fuel consumption and maintenance reports and submit to Logistics Manager for review
- Filing of supply chain documents in an organized format as agreed with supervisor.
- Expedite delivery of ordered goods and services; follow up on partial deliveries and ensure all purchase orders are fully serviced
- Assist in sending/ receiving of shipments, mailbags and medical samples to/from the field sites
- Support Logistics and Procurement teams to follow up on clearing of imported goods at the airport
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement / Logistics / Business Administration or a closely related field.
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- Competent with using Computers and computer packages ( Word, Excel and Outlook)
- General knowledge of logistics and administrative procedures and tools
- Good numeracy skills
- Takes personal initiative to learn
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Flexibility and willingness to work long hours if necessary.
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Attention to detail.
- Good organization and multitasking skills
Under the supervision of the medial officer in charge, the Medical Officer will offer quality health care to all patients in the hospital and work closely with other staff in all departments providing support and guidance.
- In coordination with the Health Manager, formulate program goals, objectives and intervention strategies and participate in the budgeting process
- Ensure that all health activities are implemented as outlined in the project documents
- Review the program activities and priorities on a regular basis updating the clinical services manager on gaps and/or provide recommendations on how to improve quality of services.
- Be a team leader in patient management in all hospital departments, giving support and guidance.
- Manage the Health Program in acting capacity when the Medical officer in charge/Health manager is not in office
- Provide technical and administration work guidelines that are within the IRC policy
- Conduct daily ward rounds in the hospital
- Ensure patient management is in line with the set MOH, WHO and UNHCR guidelines and protocols
- Attend to all emergencies, both medical and surgical within 15 minutes.
- Ensure proper and accurate documentation of patient management in patient files
- Conduct all elective and emergency surgical cases in theatre, both surgical and obstetric/gynecological.
- Conduct special outpatient clinics in the hospital on the allocated days every week i.e. SOPC, GOPC, HRC, HOPC, DOPC, and MOPC.
- Attend to all medical legal cases, including filling of P3 forms and attend court sessions as required
- Attend to sexual assault survivors on a timely basis in the GBV Support Centre
- Ensure timely referrals both Emergency and Elective cases to secondary and tertiary care centers
- Attend and participate in weekly Continuous Medical Education (CME) sessions at the hospital.
- Attend and participate in the daily morning hospital handover meetings
- Ensure adequate night coverage by developing a call list on a weekly basis with other Medical Officers
- Lead in mortality audits to improve quality of care for patients.
- Participate in the Quality of Care Assessments done on a quarterly basis
Reporting And Coordination
- Attend inter-agency coordination meetings and case conferences as requested by the Health manager.
- Assist in preparing donor reports as requested by the HM.
- Monitor closely the morbidity and mortality trends together with all the other health indicators to ensure that prompt actions are taken.
Carry out other relevant duties as may be required or assigned by your supervisor
Key Result Areas
- Ensure quality of care in the hospital
- Ensure quality emergency obstetric and neonatal care in maternity ward
- Prompt referral of patients
- Proper documentation of patient care
- Identification and prompt management of outbreaks
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from a recognized institution (MBChB)
- Registered with Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board
- Minimum 2 years of working experience in a busy hospital setting
- Good knowledge and skills in clinical medicine and surgery
- Ability to write clear, concise reports and well developed communication skills
- Good computer skills (Complete MS Office package and any database management and analysis)
- Must be a team player, flexible and culturally sensitive
- Ready to work in difficult environmental conditions
- Ability to accept the possibility of insecurity in the project areas and obey security rules and standard operating procedures.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Requisition ID: req6111
The Master Data Analyst will play an important business-facing role by being a central point of contact for all supply chain master data needs such as Products, Trade Vendors, Purchase Agreements, Approved Vendors and warehouse management. This position will ensure that all requests are prioritized, addressed and resolved in a timely manner.
The Master Data Analyst supports Global Supply Chain through a comprehensive understanding of Master Data Management within Global Supply Chain. This position requires a thorough understanding of MDM concepts and supply chain operations.
Data Analyst will have the opportunity to work on and contribute to on critical cross-functional areas within Global Supply Chain Quality Assurance (GSCQA).
- As a central point of contact for Global Supply Chain Data, the Analyst will be playing an important role by being in direct contact with multiple legal entities addressing regular requests, answering questions, resolving data issues and providing analysis support.
- Perform master data additions, changes and deletions in accordance with procedures and business rules.
- Function as the primary point of contact for the day-to-day execution of MDM related tasks. They will work to answer data questions, resolve data issues and provide analysis.
- Ensure requests for master data maintenance are properly authorized and approved.
- Educate users on master data processes and business rules.
- Maintains accurate and up to date price file management in accordance with current contracts.
- Conducts quality control activities and recommends and/or implements additions/changes to Master Data Management procedures.
- Monitors key performance indicators to ensure data accuracy and data management policies are working as expected.
- Develop and design improvements to the processes, procedures, tools, rules and metrics to ensure data integrity of master data domains.
- Execute all requests from Global Supply Chain to ensure that they are implemented according to set data governance standards and processes.
- Play a role in enterprise-wide efforts involving Master Data across the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to cleanse, analyze and connect data from multiple sources.
- Understanding of Master Data Management principles and practices in an ERP environment
- Strong analytical skills and Judgment
- Results Driven
- Business Acumen
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Technical Competence
- Customer Focus
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Science, Technology or Mathematics (STEM) or a Business related Field from a recognized university.
- 1 years of experience as a Data Analyst, preferably in an international Humanitarian organization with strong process and systems understanding.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to understand and apply instructions or suggest alternate proven methods to move projects or requests forward.
- Ability to prioritize work based on importance.
- Ability to build good working relationships and bring about cooperation from leadership and working teams.
- Very strong understanding of Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Able to create simple to complex analytical solutions.
- Ability to take an abstract analytical problem and break it down into actionable tasks.
- Ability to adjust with changing work environments, priorities and goals.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.