Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
Kenya Red Cross is the national Society for Kenya and a member of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Society. Established by an act of parliament Chapter 265 of The Laws of Kenya and auxiliary to the Government in times of disaster and war.
Driver – Heavy Commercial Vehicle (Fire Engine)
Responsible to the Logistics Officer for driving heavy trucks, articulated vehicles with trailers to transport staff and limited supplies to Regional and Branch Offices as well as any other designated location. Specific duties include delivering and collecting relief supplies according to specific instructions. Other duties include cleaning and undertaking routine and planned maintenance of the motor vehicle, loading and offloading supplies and materials transported, as well as maintaining accurate records of the vehicle’s daily movement activities.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Undertake routine and preventive maintenance of motor vehicle by checking and topping-up the level of petrol, oil, water, battery electrodes and tyre pressure before operating the vehicle.
- Regularly clean and polish the vehicle, change tyres as well as make minor repairs or adjustments.
- Drive motor vehicle (car and van) to transport directors, staff, clients and others to designated locations.
- Load and offload, goods and other material supplies with due regard to the safety of other people, as well ties rope around items to secure cargo for transport.
- Maintain radio or telephone contact with base or supervisor to receive instructions or be dispatched to new location.
- Observe traffic and safety precautions, motor vehicle accident and traffic violations. In addition, undertakes first aid in case of accidents
- Requisition for petrol, lubricants and spare parts and maintaining a record accounting for the same.
- Maintain records of motor vehicle’s daily activity showing journey, mileage, consumables and signature of authorising officer
- Ability to follow detailed oral and written instructions as well as interpret and follow operating manuals and maintenance manuals.
- Must demonstrate 20/40 vision in each eye and hearing capability without the use of hearing aid.
- Knowledge of the country’s road network including motorised routes in both urban and rural areas as well as Ability to interpret road maps and rough hand drawn sketches
- Demonstrated knowledge of first-aid applications including ability to carry patients on stretchers, and load stretchers into ambulances
- Ability to interpret and comply with safety codes, traffic rules, regulations, and safe operating practices.
- Ability to perform safety inspections, recognize and report mechanical problems, perform preventive maintenance check (oil, and all fluid levels, tire pressure) etc.
- Ability to operate vehicles in severe weather conditions, in mountainous areas or on rough steep terrain and loose surfaces such as sand, gravel or mud.
- Ability to report facts concerning accidents or emergencies to hospital personnel or law enforcement officials
- Ability to load/offload heavy goods, interpret all vouchers, bill of laden, invoices to ensure proper handling and distribution of supplies and materials transported.
- Ability to meet time schedules and deadlines and complete tasks without jeopardizing safety or integrity of work.
- Ability to operate vehicles at night and at times in reduced visibility from heavy and blowing rain.
- Ability to manoeuvre vehicle in tight spaces, judging distance in congested and confined positions
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (“O” Level) with a pass in English and Kiswahili Languages
- Motor-Vehicle Trade Test Certificate plus valid Driving Licence Class B, C, E
- Over five (5) years relevant experience driving heavy commercial and articulated vehicles with trailers
- Must have handle special cargo vehicle for at least three years.
- Three years’ experience of operating a Fire Truck.
Budget and Analysis Officer
Responsible to the Finance Manager for coordinating, analyzing and estimating future revenues and expenditure. The holder of the position will be expected to compile and develop the annual budget for respective departments / thematic areas, coordinating payments and fund transfers to Regions and Branches as per resource allocation schedules. Other responsibilities include examining budget estimates for completeness, accuracy and conformance with approved policy guidelines as well as providing variance analysis to cost centres to ensure effective utilization of financial resources.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Ensures that the monthly and other annual and periodic financial reports are forwarded to management and donors within the stipulated deadlines.
- Provide technical leadership in the development, implementation and evaluation of the annual budgets and plans aimed at operationalizing programmes and projects activities
- Compile and analyze accounting reports, records and other data to maintain expenditure controls and determine the financial resources required to implement specific programmes
- Coordinate and evaluate programme activities and processes in order to prioritize and recommend budget requests, emergency funds, reallocations and resource levels. In addition,
consult with Heads of Departments to ensure that budget adjustments are made in accordance
with program changes
- Prepare accurate forecasts for all types of income and expenditures, including new and expanded support services and programs, salary proposals, collaborative policy development agreements, capital construction, equipment needs, supplies, transport and utilities
- Prepare comparative analysis of operating programmes by analyzing costs in relation to services performed during previous fiscal years and submitting reports with recommendations for budget revisions
- Review operating budgets and conduct cost-benefit analyses to evaluate operational and budget issues and trends affecting budget needs, review financial requests and explore alternative financing methods in order to prepare comprehensive long-term financial plans forecasts and budgets
- Examine budget estimates for completeness, accuracy and conformance with procedures and regulations and prepare regular and special budget reports and make presentations to facilitate the interpretation of budget directives and then recommend suitable policies for implementing directives
- Develop strategies for tracking and monitoring the implementation of strategic financial management plans against set objectives and budgets and ensuring that any negative variances are brought to the attention of the relevant head of Department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Admin or related field.
- CPA (K) or equivalent qualifications.
- Over five (5) years’ experience in accounting and budgeting of financial resources including
- skills in computerized accounting systems.
- Advanced computer skills.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.