Become a Certified Project Management Specialist
Kemri is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity; persons with disability, women, youth and those from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply. Kemri does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process including application, interview and processing of offer letter. If asked for a fee, report such request immediately.
Position: Medical Officer/Assistant Research Officer (Job Group KMR/6)
Location: Kacheliba Sub- County Hospital Kacheliba Town
Unposting Date: November 26, 2019
(NOTE: Not sure where to get started on your cover letter? Check our NEWLY UPDATED cover letter template for NGOs for FREE! You can copy and paste this proven sample to create a lasting impression and get invited to the interview right away. Get it here.)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely and under the supervision of PIs and Co-PIs
- Participate in protocol development, responding to reviewer and ethical review committee queries and comments
- Participate in the development of clinical research documents (e.g. SOPs, case report forms, reports and statistical analysis)
- Identify, and document adverse events and serious adverse events and report to the Principal Investigator (PI)
- Respond to clinical queries from the Clinical Research Coordinators
- Maintaining adequate and accurate progress notes and source documents
- Ensure that studies are conducted in compliance with study protocols and other regulatory requirements as per the protocol.
- Assist in reconciling all research data
- Presenting regularly monthly reports
- Willing and motivated to build a career in Neglected Diseases.Qualifications and Requirements.
- M.B.Ch.B degree and registered with the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board with current annual renewal .
Advantage Required Knowledge, Skills
- Organizational skills
- Coordination of work and ability to meet timelines
- Leadership skills
- Team Player
- Ability to write reports
- Willing to work in the rural areas Competency in local dialect (Pokot) is an added advantage Proficiency in the use of computers
- Word E-mail/Internet