Become a Certified Project Management Specialist
Job Title: Programme Manager SRHR
Duty Station: Nairobi with regular travels to project areas
Reporting to: The National Programme Coordinator
Job purpose: The post is a dynamic one, the purpose of which is to play an active role in implementation SRHR Alliance two programmes; Get Up Speak Out and Accelerating access to SRHR information and services for young people and girls through CSOs in Kenya and further developing the SRHR programme. The Programme Manager will support in development of grant proposals, obtain funding for Alliance on Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights, and support the Alliance strategy to make a positive contribution to the overall mission of SRHR Alliance Kenya.
Duration: 2 years (Renewable subject to performance and availability of funds).
The Job summary
SRHR Alliance is looking for a Programme Manager in the area of Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR). You will work with a dynamic team of SRHR Programme Officers, who develop and manage the SRHR projects and programmes within the SRHR Alliance in Kenya. Together with colleagues you will play an active role in implementing and further developing the SRHR programme. The Programme Manager will play a role in two programmes; Get Up Speak Out (GUSO) and Amplify Change (Accelerating access to SRHR information and services for young people and girls through CSOs in Kenya). We expect you to proactively engage in fundraising activities and networking amongst partners, alliance members and stakeholders.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop and monitor implementation of work plans & budgets for Get Up Speak Out and Accelerating access to SRHR information and services for young people and girls through CSOs in Kenya programs.
- Work with Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) in developing and implementing advocacy initiatives in line with the SRHR Alliance advocacy strategy.
- Support the National Programme Coordinator in coordinating concept notes and project proposals and ensure their timely submission.
- Support the National Programme Coordinator to sustain media engagement on SRHR.
- Liase with SRHR Alliance members, line ministries and other stakeholders towards finalization of National and County SRHR policies, frameworks and guidelines.
- Develop and implement capacity building plans for the project target audience.
- Provide technical assistance & mentorship to Alliance partners and stakeholders.
- Develop and implement a strategy for periodic prog ram reviews based on agreed period targets.
- Undertake independent research in finding alternative resources for long-term sustainability of the organization.
- Produce and disseminate learning documents/success stories within the Alliance.
- Improve and develop communication material for the organization such as annual reports, posters, magazines, brochure etc.
- Ensures effective project resources (both financial and materials) utilization
- Initiate and maintain partnerships and networks with national and county stakeholders for coordination and harmonizing SRHR interventions for young people.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of University Post graduate degree in Public health, Social Sciences, Development Studies, or a related field.
- Proven Experience in the field of SRHR/ field of community health and rights-based approach, advocacy;
- Seven years of relevant working experience preferably in a developing country;
- Experienced in programme management, including implementation and PME;
- Demonstrated experience of working with a network of local organizations, managing contacts with key-stakeholders;
- Experience and interest in working with young people in the area of SRHR/HIV/AIDS.
- Experience with programme planning models, project management, and monitoring systems;
- Demonstrated experience in fund raising;
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) in English; critical and analytical thinking, problem solving.
- Team player, but also able to work independently;
How to Apply:
Please submit an application letter with current detailed CV indicating 3 references. Two of whom should have been direct supervisors. Applications should be sent to email@example.com: copying firstname.lastname@example.org Human Resource and Admin Manager indicating the job title by 5pm Kenyan time Friday 29th November 2019.
Academic Testimonials/Certificates are not required at this time. The SRHR Alliance is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified men and women are encouraged to apply