Become a Certified Project Management Specialist
The Supreme Court of Kenya is established under Article 163 of the Constitution of Kenya. It comprises of Seven judges: the Chief Justice, who is the president of the Court, the Deputy Chief Justice, who is the deputy to the Chief Justice and the vice-president of the Supreme Court and five other judges.
Policy M & E Manager
For appointment to the position of Manager, Policy, monitoring and Evaluation, an applicant must possess the following qualifications:
- A master’s degree in Public Administration, Sociology, Economics or relevant area from a recognized University.
- At least seven (7) years’ experience in a combination of the following areas: a. Policy , Monitoring & Evaluation work (at a senior level), b. research design and implementation (quantitative and qualitative), c. advanced demographic analysis
- Certified in using specialized data analysis software such as Statistical Package for Social Sciences (SPSS) will be an added advantage.
- Experience in planning and creating databases, with easy user interaction;
- Experience in utilizing applications for the design, monitoring and evaluation of projects.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Policy, Monitoring & Evaluation Manager will provide robust policy guidelines , monitoring and evaluation services for all aspects of the NCAJ including the development and implementation of the Strategic Plan , analysis of data sets, reporting from and inputting to the NCAJ management information system, conducting surveys and other methods of collecting information and preparation of periodic reports. The key responsibilities will be as follows:
- Overall responsibility for the monitoring and evaluating the NCAJ strategic Plan and its successful implementation process;
- Design and manage the Monitoring and Evaluation Plan ;
- Assist NCAJ staff and stakeholders in completing monitoring reports and consolidating these reports for periodic review;
- Review the quality of existing social and economic data in NCAJ areas, methods of collection and provide a baseline for impact evaluation. Draw up the TOR, design and cost out a baseline survey and a needs assessment survey;
- Recruit, guide and supervise organisations that are contracted to implement special surveys and studies required for evaluating effects and impacts ensuring that all contracts include specifications for internal monitoring, reporting and penalties;
- Analyse reports for impact evaluation. Prepare consolidated reports highlighting: problems and actions needed; potential bottlenecks and specific recommendations;
- Collaborate with staff and implementing partners on qualitative monitoring to provide relevant information for on – going evaluation of activities, effects and impacts;
- Prepare reports on Monitoring & Evaluation findings;
- Draft data collection instruments (i.e. surveys, interview protocols) to be used in special studies and or for distribution online to target groups;
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
Partnership & Resources Mobilization Manager
- A master’s degree in Public Administration, Sociology, Economics or relevant discipline from a recognized University.
- Have at least seven (7) years experience in donor partnership relationship management, resource mobilization, planning and reporting.
- Demonstrated capacity for analytical and strategic thinking;
- Proven track record in fundraising and resources mobilization
- Proven track record and experience of successful networking , fundraising , corporate, bilateral international organisations, donors and private sector
- Excellent relationship building skills and ability to build and strengthen internal and external networks and establish effective partnerships ;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Must meet the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution
- Highly organized , with ability create a team approach and to negotiate solutions to problems;
- Knowledge and understanding of judiciary operations;
- High level of interpersonal skills with a flexible and collaborative personal style and the ability to communicate with diverse groups;
- Reporting to the Executive Director NCAJ, the office holder will help in developing and implementing NCAJ partnerships and resources mobilization strategies, good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with all stakeholders, funding agencies including identifying, developing and coordinating resources mobilisation opportunities for NCAJ to achieve the goals and objectives in line with the Strategic Plan.
Court Users Committee Manager
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Law
- Must be an Advocate of the High Court with high standing.
- Have at least six (6) years working experience in the Justice Sector.
- Demonstrate competence and experience in Legal Research
- Demonstrate competence in the performance of senior administrative duties for not less than 5 years
- Knowledge and experience of court processes.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution and be of high moral character, integrity and impartiality.
- Coordinate and provide strategic leadership to Court Users Committees in areas of cash flow management and records management;
- Ensure an accountable, coordinated efficient , effective and consultative approach in the operations of CUCs;
- Initiates discussions on improvements in the access to justice and the quality of service delivery by all actors in the justice system;
- Cultivate and enhance public participation and engagement in the delivery of Justice and to respond to questions from parties and the public on various aspects of the Court cases;
- Ensure promotion of and knowledge sharing and learning among the stakeholders ;
- Work with Head of Court Stations in program planning and training for CUCs;
- Develop and recommend and assist with implementation of strategic objectives, policies, and procedures for the CUCs ;
- Assist the Station Administrators in organizing the workload in a manner that provides for timely disposition of cases and optimized judicial productivity;
- Answer advanced public inquires on case statuses, availability and location of records.
- Act as a liaison between the Court, the public and other parties to ensure that cases proceed smoothly and efficiently;
- Ensure the provision of the level of customer service necessary without giving legal advice;
- Provide assistance to staff members with best practices, legislative change or administrative orders.
- Assist in and or leads special projects as needed or assigned;
- Mentor and coach Station Administrators Judicial Services;
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by:-
Filing an Online Application for Employment Form available at the Judiciary jobs portal: jobs.judiciary.go.ke. Applicants should upload soft copies of the following documents to the online application:-
a) A letter of application,
b) A detailed and updated curriculum vitae, to include background information such as community service, financial discipline, pro bono activity (if any), involvement as a party in litigation and involvement in political activity including financial contribution to political party parties (if any) and criminal record, legal professional engagement for the last five (5) years, three (3) professional referees and two (2) character references who can verify and comment on the applicant’s past and present employment;
c) Certified copies of testimonials, professional certificates and academic transcripts.
d) Applicant’s recent coloured passport size photographs
2. Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit valid copies of clearance certificates from the following bodies during the interview:-
Kenya Revenue Authority,
Higher Education Loans Board,
Directorate of Criminal Investigation,
Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and
a recognized Credit Reference Bureau.
Clearance from relevant professional body.
3. (2) Applicants are also required to forward one (1) hard copy of the completed Employment Application Form JSC 2 for non –public officers and JSC 2A for Public officers which can be downloaded from www.judiciary.go.ke and attach all the documents cited in the item No. (a to d)above. Clearly indicating the Vacancy number and the title on the envelop.
JUDICIAL SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 40048 – 00100
Telephone: +254 20-2739180
E-mail: email@example.com Commission Secretariat: Reinsurance Plaza, Taifa Road, Nairobi CBD, Podium Floor
Applicants MUST take note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job application and the same will be verified by relevant bodies. The application must reach the Commission NOT LATER THAN 5TH MARCH 2019 AT 5.00PM
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Judicial Service Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer and selects candidates on merit through fair and open competition from the widest range of eligible candidates.