Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
Driver on Temporary Terms One (1) Position
Duration: Six (6) months (renewable once subject to performance and business needs)
Purpose for the Job
To provide effective transport facilitation to the Agency staff and visitors for official purposes in order to attain the objectives of the organization.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Driving the assigned vehicle as authorized carefully and ensure safety of the passengers, other road users, and the assigned vehicle.
- Carrying out routine checks on the vehicle’s cooling, oil, electrical, tyre pressure and brake systems, and Detecting and reporting malfunctioning of the vehicle systems.
- To ensure cleanliness of assigned vehicle at all times when in use or otherwise and that the vehicle is in good condition before and after use.
- To keep up to date vehicle mileage log and ensure the work ticket is effectively maintained and ensure that all vehicle reports are done on a monthly basis and submitted on or before the scheduled date.
- Adherence to the provisions of the Highway Code and the Government Vehicle Check Unit requirements.
- To assist in other duties in the office as assigned by the immediate supervisor when not undertaking transport facilitation.
- Undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the level of responsibility of this job role.
Minimum Academic, Professional Qualifications and Experience
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) minimum mean grade ‘C-’ (C- minus) or its equivalent;
- Valid Class BCE Driving License iii. Occupational Trade Test Grade III for drivers
- Driving experience of not less than three (3) years
- Possession of a valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal investigations (CID) (acquired not more than one year ago).
How To Apply
Qualified and Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications, Curriculum Vitae that contains details of qualifications, experience, copies of all certificates & relevant testimonials, email and telephone contacts including names, telephone and email contacts of three (3) referees who must be familiar with the candidates’ previous work experience. Candidates interested in this position are also expected to fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya. Specifically, they must obtain and submit with their application copy of a valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal investigations (CID). Applications should be addressed as detailed below and be sent by post, hand delivery or email so as to be received not later than February 28, 2019.
The Chief Executive Officer Kenya
Trade Network Agency 1st Floor, Embankment Plaza Longonot Rd – Upperhill
P.O. Box 36943-00200 NAIROBI
KenTrade is an Equal Opportunity Employer – women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply