Admin & Management Jobs
Submit CV Here
The European Commission’s Directorate General for European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations (ECHO) funds relief operations for victims of natural disasters and conflicts outside the European Union. ECHO works with about 200 operational partners, including United Nations agencies, the Red Cross/Crescent movement and non-governmental organizations (NGOs). Aid is channelled impartially, straight to victims, regardless of their race, ethnic group, religion, gender, age, nationality or political affiliation.
The Operational Secretary based in Nairobi will be working closely with ECHO Head of Regional Office (HoRO), to ensure general office / department co-ordination and information-flow management through efficient and transparent services and processes by:
- Providing secretarial support to the HoRO (i.e. written correspondence in English, phone calls, appointments, minutes of meetings, maintaining contact lists, photocopies, filing, etc.);
- Information-flow management for internal and external communications between HRO and colleagues/partners;
- Compiling background material (including basic data analysis);generating a variety of reports and statistical tables to support the other team members;
- Maintaining mission planning record for the entire office staff;
- Receiving and dispatching communication by e-mail and telephone;
- Preparation of welcome package for visitors from/to Brussels.
- Completion of secondary school education ;
- Minimum 3 years working experience in administration or secretarial position;
- Work experience with International Organisation, NGO or Embassy is an advantage;
- Excellent proficiency in English, both written and spoken;
- Good knowledge of office IT applications.
For more details about the job, click here
Method of Application
Applications including a cover letter, a detailed CV, academic and employment certificates should be uploaded through http://uhired.me/job/234 until 31 January 2019 midnight Local Time Nairobi at the latest.
The vacancy reference must be clearly indicated in the subject line.
Candidates who will not have been contacted by 31st March 2019 should consider that they have not
been selected. Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Any form of canvassing, soliciting or influencing will be treated as grounds for disqualification.