Entry Level NGO Jobs
Submit CV Here
Royal Media Services Limited wishes to recruit a high caliber individual in the position of radio announcer at Hot 96. This position is open to internal staff and qualified people are encouraged to apply.
Key roles & responsibilities
The successful candidate will assist the Head of Radio in the successful execution of the following responsibilities;
- Focus and deliver the agreed on positioning for the Station.
- Execute strategic plan in consultation with HOR for the station.
- Grow stations’ audience progressively.
- Improve the stations’ on air sound.
- Read, analyse and interpret research on habits, preferences and trends of the target audience and come up with clear implementation strategies in line with the findings
- Plan with the HOR, manage and successfully execute on ground audience engagements in line with stations strategic direction.
- Execute strategic corporate social responsibility and enhance the station image and loyalty in the community
Academic and professional Experience
- Should hold a Bachelor’s degree preferably in the arts
- Have Mass Communication Training at an appropriate level
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Demonstrated ability to write and present creative scripts, proposals and promotional concepts
- Between 20 and 25 years old, a leader, energetic and passionate about their work
- Have a positive attitude
- Able to work at odd hours and remote locations
- Have an ear for music
- Have an eye for content both online and on radio
- Have a solid understanding of the target audience.
Do you find this an exciting challenge and meet the above requirements?
Please email your CV, voice demo and an application to email@example.com by Friday 10th February 2019.
Clearly cite Job Ref No. HRD/HFM/CAN/02/19. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Radio Correspondent – Tharaka Nithi
Royal Media Services Limited wishes to recruit a suitably qualified individual to the position of a Radio
correspondent. He/she will be required to source, generate, package and present the news. He/she will report to the
Head of desk
Available Vacancies: One (1)
Key roles & responsibilities
- Generating ideas for news stories and news features
- Following leads from news agencies, the police, the public, press conferences and other sources;
- Generating ideas to head of desks, editors and producers;
- Researching and compiling relevant information to support a story using credible information sources such as the internet, archives, databases, etc.;
- Writing scripts for bulletins, headlines and special reports;
- Exercising judgment on the best story angle;
- Using portable digital audio recorders and other equipment to record material and appropriate editing software to produce complete packages for broadcast;
- Preparing material for both pre-recorded and live pieces;
- Filling stories from the respective county
- Developing and maintaining useful contacts and relations with news sources;
- Understanding and complying with media law and industry codes of conduct.
Academic and professional/work Experience
- Degree/Diploma in journalism, mass communications or any other related field
- At least one-year relevant experience as a reporter / correspondent in a busy media house.
- Excellent written and spoken Kimeru(Maara, Chogoria), English and Swahili (Attach – Kimeru, English and Swahili demo in mp3 format)
- An edge for news or features, ability for quick thinking, persistence, personal initiative and a good memory
- Sound knowledge of the local and international social, political and economic news-shaping environment
- A clear communicating voice
- Ability to report accurately and impartially.
Clearly cite Job Ref No. HRD/RAD/COR/01/19. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.