Entry Level NGO Jobs
Submit CV Here
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Cairo, Lagos, Nairobi, Kigali and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Role
To ensure timely preparation of monthly accounts, complete and accurate recognition of expenses, processing of purchase orders and filing of statutory returns. You will report to the senior accountant
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Review transactions for completeness, accuracy, proper documentation and approvals prior to processing.
- Review quotations & and assist the procurement team to process purchase orders.
- Manage the fixed asset register by ensuring monthly update and reconciliation.
- Ensure timely posting of both recurring/non-recurring journals and cash book entries into the accounting system.
- Ensuring timely posting of invoices and processing of payments to suppliers
- Manage the office petty cash.
- Assist the senior accountant in timely close of the monthly accounts
- Work with the senior accountant to ensure statutory returns (WHT, WHVAT, VAT and Income Tax) are filed accurately and before cut off dates.
- Maintain a proper manual and electronic filing system.
- Assist in developing reporting processes, procedures and internal controls for maintaining the efficient flow of all financial transactions.
- Assist during audits both internal and external.
- Perform other duties as and when required by the senior accountant.
- University degree with minimum CPA II qualification
- At least 2 years’ overall experience in a similar role, audit experience will be an advantage
- Proficiency in ERP software
- Proficiency in MS Excel and other MS Office tools
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure