Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
Position: Loan Agency Operations Officer
Reporting to the Head Agency Operations Unit, the incumbent will support the Unit Head to ensure efficient loan documentation, financial closure (including efficient management of the conditions precedent requirements), monitoring and administration of syndicated loan transactions arranged by the Bank. The position holder will deputize the Head Agency Operations to ensure business continuity in providing loan administration and management services for all syndicated loans for which TDB is the appointed Facility agent as well as assets sold to the Bank’s subsidiary funds.
- Provide support to the Head Agency Operations by ensuring accurate and timely administration of syndicated loans arranged by the Bank and trading of loan and guarantee facilities in the secondary loans market;
- Provide support for funding, disbursement and loan transfer processes;
- Manage syndicate notifications, including drawdowns, rollovers, repayments, interest rate settings and processing of fees and all cash flow between clients and syndicate lenders and between the Bank and the Bank’s subsidiary funds
- Review and interpret all operational and administrative aspects of loan documentation during the life of the facility;
- Manage waiver requests for amendments, restructurings, insolvency, administrations, events of default, acceleration and the coordinate dissemination of information and feedback to such requests in a timely and accurate manner;
- Manage Debt Domain Loan Agency platform (or other loan agency/administrations implemented by the Bank) for effective loan administration and monitoring;
- Provide support with receipt of all security documents and that they are in accordance with agreed terms. Same properly filled, retrieved appropriately and returned to the borrower at the expiry of the facility;
- Deputize the Head Agency Operations as and when required.
(NOTE:Are you feeling stuck in your career? Get FREE career and professional consultation, coaching and mentoring.Join us for the FREE Professional Development Training.We have limited space. Book your spot here.)
- A Masters’ degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Banking, Finance, or Economics with with relevant syndicated loan certification as an added advantage; • A minimum of 5-8 years of professional experience years working experience in the financial services industry, with at least 2 years in an Agency, Security Trustee, and/or Loan Administration department/function;
- Experience in the syndicated loan market and good understanding of the African debt markets, with proven background in loan administration, monitoring and loan book accounting;
- Sound knowledge and experience in secondary loan trading and experience in working with automated loan processing platforms such as Debt Domain, ClearPar, Loan IQ etc., will be an added advantage; • Strong Microsoft Excel, Word and IT skills;
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate cross-functionally to achieve results;
- Ability to engage borrowers and syndicate lenders;
- Fluency in English is a requirement and fluency in the other working language of TDB (French or Portuguese) will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Applications should include a detailed resume, scanned copy of passport biodata page, recent passport size photo, full contact details and the names and addresses of three referees. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Interested candidates should express their interest by submitting their applications directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th November 2019.
Candidates must have a good knowledge of the operating environment. If you have not received any response within one month, please consider your application unsuccessful however your resume will be kept on the TDB database for any other suitable positions. TDB is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
TDB reserves the right to conduct background check on shortlisted applicants, and additional information may be required for the completion of this exercise