Admin & Management Jobs
Submit CV Here
Regional Field Accountant (RFA)
Chemonics International Inc., a leading international consulting firm, seeks a Regional Field Accountant for the Famine Early Warning Systems Network (FEWS NET), the world’s premier provider of high-quality food security analysis and early warning.
The Regional Field Accountant (RFA) will establish and maintain uniformity and accuracy in field accounting procedures across the seven FEWS NET EAST offices in East Africa (Uganda, Yemen, Ethiopia, Sudan, South Sudan, Somalia and the Kenya/Regional office) to ensure that all field accounting practices adhere to USAID and Chemonics regulations and policies.
The RFA will advise field offices on financial compliance matters, review and analyze local account submission, and help projects devise approaches for asset and liability management. S/he will also travel to field offices to train appropriate field personnel in the use of accounting software and tracking mechanisms.
- Masters or other advanced degree in accounting or related field; a Bachelor’s degree and 5+ additional years of accounting experience can be considered in lieu of a Masters;
- At least 5 years of professional experience in accounting;
- Prior knowledge of accounting systems (ABACUS, QuickBooks a plus);
- Experience performing accounting audits or reviews;
- Fluency in written and oral English required;
- Knowledge of USAID and its operations preferred.
- The Regional Field Accountant will be based in the FEWS NET East Africa regional office located in Nairobi and is open to all qualified Kenyan citizens. The RFA will be required to travel extensively within East Africa.
Please review additional details on this position on this link. Interested candidates should apply at link provided here by January 18, 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.