We Are Hiring!!
Submit CV Here
Human Resources Manager
Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Human Resources Manager will provide leadership and be responsible for the development and implementation of the Human Resources strategies, plans, policies, and procedures ensuring that they remain pertinent, innovative and consistent to AFIDEP’s mission. He/she will provide functional guidance and advice to staff and management on human resources and related organisational initiatives.
The key responsibilities will include:
- Strategic Human Resources governance;
- Development and implementation of human resources policies and procedures aligned to the organisational strategy, monitor and ensure compliance;
- Human resources planning including identifying capacity and skills requirements for the core strategic demands and develop human resources plans;
- Management of recruitment and selection;
- Develop and ensure execution of the institute’s performance management system; cultivate the development of a performance-driven culture to improve quality of performance to meet the Institute’s objectives;
- Develop and implement talent management and development plan; staff learning for capacity and skills requirements for core strategic delivery for staff development and growth;
- Management of the institute’s compensation and benefits;
- Management of human resources information system;
- Staff engagement and communications.
Qualifications, Skills, and Competencies
- A Master’s degree preferably in Human Resources Management or Business Administration or Organisation Development with at least 5 – 7 years’ experience in a management position in a multi-cultural, multi-racial, multi-ethnic environment (e.g INGOs, regional organisations);
- Strong Human Resources advisory and people management skills;
- Policy formulation, interpretation, and implementation;
- Exceptional knowledge and understanding of labour laws and employee relations practices.
- Analytical, critical thinking, logical and systematic in approaching issues, considering alternatives and in making decisions;
- Excellent influencing, negotiating, relationship building and networking skills;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Hands-on with personal drive and ability to respond to issues efficiently;
- Ability to work as a part of a diversified multicultural and multifunctional team;
- Development and sustaining linkages with development and business partners;
- IT skills and HR Information Systems (HRIS);
- Legal knowledge/experience and understanding of host country government HR requirements, an added advantage
How to Apply
Applications are invited to send a cover letter illustrating suitability and motivation statement on the role of no more 500 words and curriculum vitae by 18th March 2019 to email@example.com. Please indicate Human Resources Manager in the email subject line. Only shortlisted candidates meeting the above requirements will be shortlisted. AFIDEP is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits. We invite you to learn more about AFIDEP on our website https://www.afidep.org/